Quantcast

Stanford "Status" Page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CMar830

Southerner til 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Stanford's "status page" changes when you have been rejected? Or does it still say "file complete" for the rest of the cycle even after they've turned you down?

tifa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
CMar830 said:
Does anyone know if Stanford's "status page" changes when you have been rejected? Or does it still say "file complete" for the rest of the cycle even after they've turned you down?

The status page tells you nothing. Everything is done in Snail Mail.

TinyFish

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
CMar830 said:

True. Everything is done by snail mail. My status page said "file complete" until I got my rejection letter.

I think it won't change until you get your acceptance letter, either.

2 Boys!

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the status page won't say anything other than the completion info and an added link for interview scheduling if invited. I haven't seen the latter or a rejection letter!

2 Boys!

CMar830

Southerner til 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
TinyFish said:
True. Everything is done by snail mail. My status page said "file complete" until I got my rejection letter.

I think it won't change until you get your acceptance letter, either.

Wait, so this means it DOES change when you get rejected, yes? I have been having problems with my P.O. Box (damn post office mislabeled it!) and have been worried about missing mail from schools who only contact you by snail mail. My status page still says 'file complete' though, so I'm hoping that means I'm still alive.

Thanks!

nyc525

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a rejection letter last week :(. I just checked and my status page hasn't changed (still says file complete). They say interview invites come over e-mail too but you should just call them if you think your mail isn't working!

anystream

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is the status page address?

Modanq

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
nyc525 said:
I got a rejection letter last week :(. I just checked and my status page hasn't changed (still says file complete). They say interview invites come over e-mail too but you should just call them if you think your mail isn't working!

Did you have an interview then get rejected. If so how long did you wait, I interviewed on March 1 and am looking forward to hearing anytime soon.

nyc525

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Modanq said:
Did you have an interview then get rejected. If so how long did you wait, I interviewed on March 1 and am looking forward to hearing anytime soon.

no, it was a pre-interview rejection. my file was complete ages ago but whatever....

OhtheSilliness

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't think the status page changes after "file complete." If you get an interview you will receive an email followed by snail mail. Rejections are snail mail only.

guga282

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
CMar830 said:

hey, that page has no relevance to interviews or acceptances ... they email you letting you know you got an interview, then you get a seperate letter in the mail also. you do however use that same page to schedule your interview. 2 weeks after your interview, if you get a call on a thursday night from dr. garcia, that means you've been accepted, if you don't get a call, then that means the week after, you get a letter in the mail letting you know whether or not you got waitlisted or rejected. their process is really late though, they started interview on dec 1 and do so up until april, stay hopeful and patient

kupono3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The website does tell you if you got an interview (not if you didn't), but they'll e-mail you first to let you know to go back to the website to sign up for an interview. So, I guess if you don't get an e-mail, then there's no point in checking the site out.

Also, I got the call the third Thursday after I interviewed, so it can definitely take longer than two weeks.