Stanford/UMich preinterview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zahri

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay I've decided to stop my anxious posts on Case holding and I will try to focus on some more worrying/wondering/waiting for awhile. :) Anyone know when Stanford or UMich stop interviewing? I can imagine it is soon and probably my rejections are ready to be sent but what is taking them SO long!?! Anybody else complete for what seems like forever with no word? Anyone know how often/when the committee meets?

Members don't see this ad.

i think michigan's last interview date is 3/12. i'm pretty sure that all invites have gone out. there might be a little more hope at stanford.

Stanford's got a new electronic app system up this year that's apparently put them behind a bit. I know they are still reviewing applications, and I think they're probably still quite a ways from being done with interviewing, so hang in there...there's still hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
Stanford has been sending out pre-interview rejections, so no news is good news for now.

My student interviewer interviewed really late in the process, like right before the Second look weekend at Stanford. But then that was 2 years ago and he's a MD/PhD student instead of MD.

I interviewed at Stanford going on 4 weeks ago and at that point they said they were "in the middle" of their admissions for the year. That would seem to imply that they will be interviewing for awhile longer. Hope that helps.

Zahri,

I interviewed at Stanford last week and they told me they would continue interviewing until April. I'm sure you still have several weeks left for a chance at an interview. The upside of the new electronic system is that they can get back to you faster after your interview (they got back to me in 4 days!). Good luck!