Starting D2; HPSP Options?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
I'm starting my D2 year this month and the military HPSP has come back onto my radar. I know the AF has 2 year scholarships with 3 year active duty commitment. Can anyone fill in some info as to what I have available with 3 more years left of school? I am not sure if I could still apply for a 3 year HPSP at this time, or if I needed to do that during D1 year and now only 2 year options are available.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm starting my D2 year this month and the military HPSP has come back onto my radar. I know the AF has 2 year scholarships with 3 year active duty commitment. Can anyone fill in some info as to what I have available with 3 more years left of school? I am not sure if I could still apply for a 3 year HPSP at this time, or if I needed to do that during D1 year and now only 2 year options are available.

For the Navy the 4 year hpsp applicants who didn’t get selected automatically roll over to compete for the 3-year scholarships so your chances are not very good. Not sure how it is in the AF but army is similar to the navy. Most folks who got the 3-year were the ones who applied for the 4 year but didn’t get them.

The 2 year AF is the only military option open to you now as the 3-year selections for all the services has passed. And even that 2-year scholarship window is closing rapidly. Applications are generally complete by end of October at the latest as the board meets at the begining of December.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The 2 year AF is the only military option open to you now as the 3-year selections for all the services has passed. And even that 2-year scholarship window is closing rapidly. Applications are generally complete by end of October at the latest as the board meets at the begining of December.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Cool, thanks brotha

Reactions: 1 user