starting residency july, unsure what occurs in emergency department, please advise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

masterful

Reaction score
salutations

i am very pleased to start my training in emergency medicine this summer! i am happy to pursue mastery of this unexpected opportunity!

i have concerns, please advise:

what patient encounters do i need to prepare for? are residents expected to do procedures themselves and if so which kinds?

what books can help me be the best?

thank you peers!

respectfully

masterful

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1. Listen to EMRAP
2. read Tintinalli's

Reactions: 1 user
This is the beginning of the end for this Specialty... I’m going to go in to real estate or own a chain of Dunkin’ Donuts at this point. Key advice would be to dont open with you have no idea about the specialty you just matched in to 😏!!! Also key advice don’t undercut fellow er docs with accepting ****ty pay once you finish your HCA residency

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
If this is not a joke, yes you are expected to do procedures yourself. Who else is going to do them?

Christ in heaven. This specialty really has gone down the ****ter huh. To think, I scored 260+ on both steps and finished top quartile at a US allopathic school to end up in the same place as an IMG SOAPer who doesn't even have a clue how an ER functions.

Sad.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
colleagues

thank you for your warm family embrace!

i will heed your advices and ponder them. please continue your support so i may climb this mountain towards mastery!

i am jubilant to relocate my family to sunny florida. there is much to look forward to!

respectfully

masterful

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
my friend

i do not take your meaning.

respectfully

masterful

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Probably an FMG that SOAP'ed into EM. Yikes......

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I literally pray to god’s that this is a troll… bc if not, then we are all literally screwed if this is the new norm over the next 10 years from residents. Imagine getting hired by Goldman Sachs or Tesla or Raytheon and coming in on day one and being like…

“Hey all, not sure how I ended up here or not sure what you guys even do… but hiiii🙄”!!! This is a laughing stock. In the off chance that this isn’t a troll, nothing personally but just stop posting, your kinda embarrassing yourself :)!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
my friends

ten thousand thanks for your mighty responses. together we will achieve dominant mastery.

i will ponder your words and return.

respectfully

masterful

my friends

ten thousand thanks for your mighty responses. together we will achieve dominant mastery.

i will ponder your words and return.

respectfully

masterful
Dude delete your burner account and get off your Cheeto stained couch and hit the gym or take a shower. Prolly need both :)

• Haha
Dude delete your burner account and get off your Cheeto stained couch and hit the gym or take a shower. Prolly need both :)
1000% a troll. Dude is even trying to talk/type like an IMG. Who openly endorses that they can’t wait to move to sunny Florida aka the HCA capital of the world. The blatant trolling is too obvious.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.