Starting Salaries for New Hires

Started by Mcat14
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mcat14

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

To all pharmacy managers who are working for chain drug store who has hired a new tech in last few years or months how much did u guys offer them?? per hr I mean. Did u guys have any guidelines/criteria or specific number that u offer to new tech or tech with some experience?? did u have any control over salary if any??

and yes if anyone knows how to look or where to look for a new tech as my store dont have any application

Any input will be appreciated
Thanks
 
Hi all,

To all pharmacy managers who are working for chain drug store who has hired a new tech in last few years or months how much did u guys offer them?? per hr I mean. Did u guys have any guidelines/criteria or specific number that u offer to new tech or tech with some experience?? did u have any control over salary if any??

and yes if anyone knows how to look or where to look for a new tech as my store dont have any application

Any input will be appreciated
Thanks

Search tech pay.

$8-20/hr seems to be the going rate. Higher being for exp, cert, high COL areas, depending on min. Wage, and practice setting.

I started at a hospital 8 years ago at $14 .. retail no exp I would expect around $10 .. keep in mind youll get a sizeable pay increase as an intern, depending on how high you started.
 
I am trying to hire a new full time tech for my store and corporate told me offer 8 dollars max even if they are cert. I am thinking who would take that kind of pay when they are state cert. All you can get is cashier for 8 dollars and they want us to hire a tech...... How???? How would u even approach to HR or DM @salary ??