Starting salary for Breast Imaging Radiologists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fresadonald11

Reaction score
In NYC, what's the starting salary of breast imaging radiologists?

Also, is there a good job market in NYC for radiologists?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
People don't want to post salary data on open forums...it leads to CMS cuts to reimbursement.

That being said, the NE pays the least and Boston and NYC pay the least in the NE. Academic pays way less than PP. Breast gets paid a bit less because they don't take call unless they have worked out a deal or they have an egalitarian PP. Add in the higher cost of living and higher taxes and your $$$ is less than it seems as well.

Job market is great everywhere right now. Always a bit tighter in bigger metro areas but I think there are jobs even in NYC right now and breast is always in demand because most rads don't want to touch it.

Reactions: 1 users
The whole don't post your salary because CMS will cut payments is really, really paranoid and not how things work.

yeah that's what I was thinking too. I get it though, a lot of type A personalities in SDN that want to make sure the world isn't falling apart.

It might be a little paranoid but I'd rather have politicians and the lay public think we make way less than we actually do. We get demonized enough these days. Haven't you all seen the numerous threads on auntminnie about posting salary data? There was even a thread a years back that quoted a CMS payment brief that basically said part of the reason they were cutting reimbursement was because of salary data posted on the internet. I tried to find that thread/brief but I believe it was 10+ years ago and it seems lost (or at least out of reach of my 20 min Google search).

Reactions: 5 users
It might be a little paranoid but I'd rather have politicians and the lay public think we make way less than we actually do. We get demonized enough these days. Haven't you all seen the numerous threads on auntminnie about posting salary data? There was even a thread a years back that quoted a CMS payment brief that basically said part of the reason they were cutting reimbursement was because of salary data posted on the internet. I tried to find that thread/brief but I believe it was 10+ years ago and it seems lost (or at least out of reach of my 20 min Google search).

When you run out of legitimate reasons to cut stuff hahaha.

Reactions: 1 user
The whole don't post your salary because CMS will cut payments is really, really paranoid and not how things work.
Lol, exactly. Why would CMS visit troll infested forums when they literally can track every dollar they pay you...

Reactions: 1 user
275-350k starting salary. it's a long road. don't do it just for the money. it probably won't be as much you think.