Starting to get alittle stressed

Started by Dr.Keem
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr.Keem

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted 14 of my 16 secondary apps and still no interview invite. Verified early July and submitted most secondaries late July/early August. The more I look at my primary app, the more glaring issues I see on it. Lol, starting to regret not retaking my MCAT or getting better ecs.

Waiting is much harder than it seems. Hopefully these are just nerves getting the best of me. If there is anyone else going through the same thing, just now that you are not alone!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It felt like a lifetime before I got my first one. It came in mid september last year.
Yea, praying it's the same for me. It's been hard trying to stop myself from checking my email every 30 seconds, but I'm managing
 
You're not alone either. I got one II so far, but it's from a school that gives II to a bunch of students so it doesn't feel like much lol the schools I really want to go to haven't gotten back to me and I've been complete for all them since July and August 🙁

I think we just need to be more patient, some ppl were saying their wait times for IIs were like 2 months or more lol
 
You're not alone either. I got one II so far, but it's from a school that gives II to a bunch of students so it doesn't feel like much lol the schools I really want to go to haven't gotten back to me and I've been complete for all them since July and August 🙁

I think we just need to be more patient, some ppl were saying their wait times for IIs were like 2 months or more lol
Yea, being patient is key but it's a lot harder than it seems. Even at work, I still spend majority of my time refreshing my email.lol. But this 1st II has me feeling better. I know a lot of people that have yet to submit their primaries so we're still ahead of the game. We were complete around the same time so hopefully the closer we get to that 2 month mark, the more interviews start rolling in!

Edit: Also, I had an issue with one of my LOR. I got a letter from my research mentor and tried to use it as a "science-related faculty letter" but that wasn't acceptable for some schools since I never took an actual class with him. I didn't find out until I emailed the school and asked why my status hadn't changed to complete yet. So if you've been complete awhile and haven't heard or seen a status change....sending a friendly inquisitive email may not be a bad thing to do...atleast it wasn't in my case
 
Last edited:
Yea, being patient is key but it's a lot harder than it seems. Even at work, I still spend majority of my time refreshing my email.lol. But this 1st II has me feeling better. I know a lot of people that have yet to submit their primaries so we're still ahead of the game. We were complete around the same time so hopefully the closer we get to that 2 month mark, the more interviews start rolling in!

Edit: Also, I had an issue with one of my LOR. I got a letter from my research mentor and tried to use it as a "science-related faculty letter" but that wasn't acceptable for some schools since I never took an actual class with him. I didn't find out until I emailed the school and asked why my status hadn't changed to complete yet. So if you've been complete awhile and haven't heard or seen a status change....sending a friendly inquisitive email may not be a bad thing to do...atleast it wasn't in my case

lol we all obsessively check our emails, even the spam/junk folder haha it's okay. Yeah I know ppl who are still waiting to get verified and ppl who've been complete and have no II at all so we should feel ok. I'm applying MD and DO so we'll see what happens in the next couple of months, but hopefully we do get more love 🙂

I have a committee letter luckily and they have a bunch of letters attached to it that they used to write my letter so I think I should be fine. My school's pre-health committee is very good when it comes to making sure you're on top of your game with the app process so I'm thankful for that. It's probably cuz we don't have many pre-health ppl compared to other schools lol
 
lol we all obsessively check our emails, even the spam/junk folder haha it's okay. Yeah I know ppl who are still waiting to get verified and ppl who've been complete and have no II at all so we should feel ok. I'm applying MD and DO so we'll see what happens in the next couple of months, but hopefully we do get more love 🙂

I have a committee letter luckily and they have a bunch of letters attached to it that they used to write my letter so I think I should be fine. My school's pre-health committee is very good when it comes to making sure you're on top of your game with the app process so I'm thankful for that. It's probably cuz we don't have many pre-health ppl compared to other schools lol

I wish that was the case for my school! We had an incredibly large bio department but very few bio majors went/stayed premed. Professors were mainly focused on getting students into Grad school so we had nothing close to a "pre-health committe" . I kinda blindly leaped into the whole application process... no life jacket nor floaties :drowning:
 
I wish that was the case for my school! We had an incredibly large bio department but very few bio majors went/stayed premed. Professors were mainly focused on getting students into Grad school so we had nothing close to a "pre-health committe" . I kinda blindly leaped into the whole application process... no life jacket nor floaties :drowning:
Aww lol well a lot of ppl have to cuz not all schools have a committee. Our committee handles pre-health and grad school stuff lol not sure how they keep up so well. Don't stress it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow look at you!! Considering you didn't have much help that is awesome! Actually it's just awesome in general lol

I got 4 interviews and 1 acceptance so far, gotta wait til around March to hear from the other schools. But I thought my app wasn't really stellar so I'm really happy with what I got so far 🙂
 
Wow look at you!! Considering you didn't have much help that is awesome! Actually it's just awesome in general lol

I got 4 interviews and 1 acceptance so far, gotta wait til around March to hear from the other schools. But I thought my app wasn't really stellar so I'm really happy with what I got so far 🙂

Thanks! I'm happy with the way things turned out. And congrats to you as well! You getting an acceptance( possibly multiple) means that your app was stellar enough!! Glad that things worked out for both of us.