Starting to get my application ready

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Manou

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello
what do i need to do to get my application ready for june 1?
the only thing i have done is took the mcat.
what else?
get transcripts from any college i have ever attended, get 3 letters of rec, oh no, write my personal statement :-(
what else? I want to try to finish everything by May 15 to be safe.

also i dont know the order. do i get transcripts first or letters of rec first or write my personal statement first?

Members don't see this ad.

Ask for letters of rec now. I personally used Interfolio to collect them, and I got a 5 year account so that I could keep them for a while. Of course, I initially applied in 2007, before the AMCAS letter service, so you may just want to see if you can get sheets to send them in now. But ask either way... most of your professors will take at least a month to get them going.

Write your Personal Statement now. You should not write it straight into the application; you should be writing it, and revising it, and possibly writing it again. It's a tough thing to do.

Transcripts should be sent as soon as you have your final semester grades on them. It's easier that way.

You'll also need information for each of your extra-curricular activities... name, hours/week, and a short description of each. You can have up to 15.

AMCAS doesn't open up until like May 1st, so take a deep breath and focus on the things you can do right now.

^ What the above poster said.
Also luck. You may not need it, but it's nice to have.