Starting to panic...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roseglass6370

Are we there yet?
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm currently scheduled to take the MCAT for the first time in late May. I've taken a TPR course and have all the materials. However, when I took the course (which ranged from October to January) I didn't really do all the outside of class work that I should have. I kept telling myself I had time and that I needed to focus on my "actual" classwork. Now, I've found myself on and off studying a bit but still haven't gotten to where I need to be. I'm realizing that I only have about 2 months left and balancing studying for my legit classes and the MCAT is stressing me out.

I feel totally comfortable with verbal and so-so with orgo and biology. However, physics and gen chem are kicking my butt. I hate memorizing equations and unfortunately my physics prof NEVER required us to memorize equations for exams. He gave them all to us.

My diagnositic MCAT score (AAMC, I think) was a 24 and I've only taken one other full-length practice exam which was the ridiculously hard TPR exam (exam 3?) with a score that was about the same.

What should I do? How would you guys suggest pacing myself from here on out? Am I way too far behind? I'm debating taking another practice test tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

You still have ~2.5 months left for the test - it's definitely doable if you spend a good amount of time each day to study. I'm taking my test at the end of May and I've tried to study at least 6 hours a day. For memorizing the equations - once you understand the concept/equation - it's not much memorization (though I can never memorize the kinematic equations).

I think you can do it. :)

Definitely feel ya... I'm currently in a course from January - April and I hadn't done a SINGLE thing outside of the actual lessons prior to this past week. Which was a lot because we only have one lesson left and then its just full lengths.

however, i've started trying to catch up a little now, and I'm also taking the MCAT in late May (May 31st to be exact).
I think if you get serious about it now its still definitely possible.
I also have about 2 weeks after semester courses end in May to do my last fine-tuning studying stuff for MCAT alone.

Also, if you hadn't had your spring break yet, I would recommend just buckling down and MCAT during that time, especially if your current coursework is what's bogging you down. Don't go back home, just stay put and get the job done. My spring break was last week and I caught up a ton on my MCAT studying just by hitting the library everyday.