State Board of Veterinary Examiners

Started by GellaBella
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GellaBella

Penn Vet V'14
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I just realized that the State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners meets basically 4 blocks away from my job and has monthly meetings. I was wondering if you guys think it would be beneficial to see if I could sit in on some of those meetings? Has anyone ever done this before?

I tried looking at past agendas/minutes but it was still difficult to tell what sort of things they discuss - these look like they are basically full day meetings, starting at 9:30am and ending around 4:30pm.

I think it could be interesting to see the administrative side of veterinary medicine.

what do you think? should I email them?
 
It can't hurt to e-mail them just to see. I don't think anyone's done that but that doesn't mean you can't.
 
At least where I am, the meetings involve CE that one can attend for a very reasonable fee - I think about $50 for a series of 4 lectures. It seems like an opportunity worth taking.