state optometry laws

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

od2b77

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find some info about laws that are related to optometry in various states and have trouble finding anything. I tried aoa and you need a password for anything under Advocacy tab. Does anyone know of other places to look? Is this something that is good to know for the interviews?
Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

od2b77 said:
I'm trying to find some info about laws that are related to optometry in various states and have trouble finding anything. I tried aoa and you need a password for anything under Advocacy tab. Does anyone know of other places to look? Is this something that is good to know for the interviews?
Thanks in advance.

I highly doubt anyone will care at your interview if you know state laws. If you want to be safe, I would at least know the ones of the states that you are considering practicing in, and the ones of the state of the school you are applying to.

Jenny

JennyW said:
I highly doubt anyone will care at your interview if you know state laws. If you want to be safe, I would at least know the ones of the states that you are considering practicing in, and the ones of the state of the school you are applying to.

Jenny

I did intend to just look up the states where I'm applying (CA and IL) :) , but you can't use aoa website to find that info, so I was wondering where else could I find it.

Members don't see this ad :)
od2b77 said:
Thanks in advance.

try opted.org

Xalatan1 said:
try opted.org

Go to the individual states' DOPL site, Division of Professional Licensing. You could also try the states association web site although you may need a password there too.

jchod said:
Go to the individual states' DOPL site, Division of Professional Licensing. You could also try the states association web site although you may need a password there too.

all of that is listed in thread I posted above :)