State School (Full Scholarship) vs BU vs Case

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cafelatteplease

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, long-time lurker here, thought i'd ask for some help at this point

Iv been fortunate to receive a full-tuition scholarship from my state school as well as accepted to Boston University and Case Western. I really liked the vibe of BU and I can see myself going there but I love the curriculum of Case and its good reputation for residency.

However recently my state school offered me a full- tuition scholarship which makes it very attractive since I would love to graduate with the least debt possible.

However, i'm really interested in a surgical specialty, specifically ENT and Urology, which I know are very competitive and school name helps. However there have been a few students from my state schools matching into these specialties.

The curriculum at my state school to say the least is the least desirable between the 3 being that it eats up way to much of the day with lots of mandatory classes (not all) which would take valuable study time to be able to be competitive for these specialties.

Can anyone chime in with some advice? It will be greatly appreciated