state to state??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

banta

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question....if my doc in another state....for ex: North Carolina writes me a script for Drug X......can I have the prescription filled in another state like....Boston?

Curious.....thanks.....SUZY :)

Members don't see this ad.

Non-scheduled drugs? I don't think that poses a problem. I fill scripts for birth control from out-of-staters quite regularly. Problems arise with scheduled drugs. I know that specifically, about 8 states such as California and New York require schedule II scripts to be written on official triplicate forms. A schedule II written on a normal prescription blank in any of the other 42 states brought into one of those "triplicate states" like California, can't be filled.

There are more knowledgeable, practicing pharmacists on this board who can probably shed better light on this ;)

That's how it works at Wags. They're usually pretty draconian about filling skej drugs. CA Board of Pharmacy will be down on you fast if there is a screw up and you fill a triplicate drug from somewhere else and you weren't supposed to. I know a pharm manager who quit under duress after they got audited by the board of pharmacy. From working in industry, I can say with authority they are about a hundred times more gestapo than OSHA.