Stating that I am a reapplicant in anything else questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newyorker41789

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a reapplicant and I was wondering what everyone thought about the "anything else you want to tell X school that was not on this secondary or in AMCAS". Should I tell the schools that this is my first time applying to that I am a reapplicant and what I have done since the last application cycle or only leave that for the schools that I am truly reapplying to?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure you want to hear from someone who has applied already, but I suggest no. Mainly because your a first applicant at that said school. I think accentuating the positive about you, plus everything you tell them will be new. Not saying that being a reapplicant is bad and I'm sure you have learned alot, but I feel if I were an adcom and you told me that I would concentrate on "why did he/she not get in the first time". That's not something you want to do.

I'm sure you want to hear from someone who has applied already, but I suggest no. Mainly because your a first applicant at that said school. I think accentuating the positive about you, plus everything you tell them will be new. Not saying that being a reapplicant is bad and I'm sure you have learned alot, but I feel if I were an adcom and you told me that I would concentrate on "why did he/she not get in the first time". That's not something you want to do.

That's exactly what I was thinking I just wanted to see what other people thought. Thanks for your reply.

Members don't see this ad :)
No problem! Keep me posted, I'm rooting for you:)

No problem! Keep me posted, I'm rooting for you:)

I just posted this on another thread, but I'll put it here too so other people can help me.

What do you think about using the SAME essays for a school instead of the "same message, different words" mentality? I've heard that some schools actually compare applications for reapplicants to see where you have grown and so on so just wondering what people think.

I would not openly volunteer any information such as being a second round applicant unless you have to. Don't be deceitful, but just don't bring up things that can raise eyebrows and count against you unless you need to. For example, it would also be a bad idea to tell them about that one night when you were drunk and the you..... You get the idea. If someone brings it up be honest and have a good response as to what you've learned and how you've changed (since they may wonder why they should want you in their school since apparently no one wanted you last year). I applied two years in a row and got in on the second try, but definitely no one will be impressed by you not getting in on the first try, so its best to keep it on the down low when possible and get them to focus on all the great things you have and will do that make you a strong applicant.

I just posted this on another thread, but I'll put it here too so other people can help me.

What do you think about using the SAME essays for a school instead of the "same message, different words" mentality? I've heard that some schools actually compare applications for reapplicants to see where you have grown and so on so just wondering what people think.

Does it change anyone's answer if I was granted an interview and placed on a waitlist for the school that I referring to?

Does it change anyone's answer if I was granted an interview and placed on a waitlist for the school that I referring to?

Then you should have already specified in your AMCAS that this is not the first time you've applied to this school....Theres a specific check-box for that when you apply to each program