statistics for interview offers/admissions invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yeastfan21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
(I feel like I've seen this sort of information on these boards, but now I can't seem to find it anywhere...)

Is there any easy way to look up:
(A) the percentage of MD-PhD applicants to a specific school who receive interview invites?
(B) the percentage of MD-PhD interviewees at a specific school who receive offers of admission?

Some schools (such as Weill Cornell) list this information on their MSTP website, but is there some kind of centralized source? And, if this kind of information isn't generally available with regard to MD-PhDs, does something at least exist for the regular medical schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
One more thing to add...

I suppose what I'm really interested in is whether there is any consistency from MSTP to MSTP in terms of the percentage of interviewed applicants who receive offers of admission. Apparently, for Cornell/Tri-I, it's 50%. Is that abnormally high, or is it reasonable to expect that most MSTPs extend offers of admission to that many of their interviewed applicants?

One more thing to add...

I suppose what I'm really interested in is whether there is any consistency from MSTP to MSTP in terms of the percentage of interviewed applicants who receive offers of admission. Apparently, for Cornell/Tri-I, it's 50%. Is that abnormally high, or is it reasonable to expect that most MSTPs extend offers of admission to that many of their interviewed applicants?

there's a bunch of variation. i've also heard the same statistic about hopkins. Harvard interviews something like 100 and takes something like 12-14, so it's more like 15%.

Penn interviewed 130 last year for a class of 24. Since at least half of our class got in off the waitlist, I'd say they had to extend a total of 35-40 offers, so that's like 25-35%.

So there is a reasonable amount of variation

but is there some kind of centralized source?

No. You can only find this info from the programs that give it out on their websites.

does something at least exist for the regular medical schools?

USNews reports this data. Recently, this website has been discussed on pre-allo and has the data: http://www.eduers.com/Medical/ . They seem to have copied the USNews admissions data and posted it, though some posters are questioning its reliability.