Statistics For Veterinary School?

Started by bos98
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bos98

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Everyone!!

I am graduating this semester with a BS in psychology, and have finally decided to commit to applying to veterinary school. I have completed about half of the requirements, but I will be taking the next two years to complete the rest of the prerequisites and gain animal and veterinary experiences.

My question is specific to statistics courses. As a psychology major I have taken psychological statistics. However, I have also taken a statistics course that was held in the sociology department, labeled elementary statistics. I was wondering if any of these two courses would count towards the statistics requirements for schools? If not, then I guess I just have to take a third statics class.

Thanks in Advance!!
 
Hello Everyone!!

I am graduating this semester with a BS in psychology, and have finally decided to commit to applying to veterinary school. I have completed about half of the requirements, but I will be taking the next two years to complete the rest of the prerequisites and gain animal and veterinary experiences.

My question is specific to statistics courses. As a psychology major I have taken psychological statistics. However, I have also taken a statistics course that was held in the sociology department, labeled elementary statistics. I was wondering if any of these two courses would count towards the statistics requirements for schools? If not, then I guess I just have to take a third statics class.

Thanks in Advance!!
You have to check with the individual schools you apply to. It’s up to them.
 
I agree with Lupin21. Check with the each school you apply to. People on this site might have suggestions but always check with your prospective schools on all of your prerequisites. I will say that I think it is more likely that a school would accept a general stats course due to the more physical sciences focus of veterinary school. But again, only trust the schools you apply to for this information.