Statistics For Veterinary School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bos98

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!!

I am graduating this semester with a BS in psychology, and have finally decided to commit to applying to veterinary school. I have completed about half of the requirements, but I will be taking the next two years to complete the rest of the prerequisites and gain animal and veterinary experiences.

My question is specific to statistics courses. As a psychology major I have taken psychological statistics. However, I have also taken a statistics course that was held in the sociology department, labeled elementary statistics. I was wondering if any of these two courses would count towards the statistics requirements for schools? If not, then I guess I just have to take a third statics class.

Thanks in Advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Everyone!!

I am graduating this semester with a BS in psychology, and have finally decided to commit to applying to veterinary school. I have completed about half of the requirements, but I will be taking the next two years to complete the rest of the prerequisites and gain animal and veterinary experiences.

My question is specific to statistics courses. As a psychology major I have taken psychological statistics. However, I have also taken a statistics course that was held in the sociology department, labeled elementary statistics. I was wondering if any of these two courses would count towards the statistics requirements for schools? If not, then I guess I just have to take a third statics class.

Thanks in Advance!!
You have to check with the individual schools you apply to. It’s up to them.

I agree with Lupin21. Check with the each school you apply to. People on this site might have suggestions but always check with your prospective schools on all of your prerequisites. I will say that I think it is more likely that a school would accept a general stats course due to the more physical sciences focus of veterinary school. But again, only trust the schools you apply to for this information.