• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

statistics hell

buddindoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2003
Kerala,India or PA,USA
    i am scoring miserably on statistics and am stressed out ..i cant seeem to understand wtf they are asking. does anyone have any ideas or know how imp it si to know the variables and different biases,anova ,p value etc
    how was it tested.help please.any guides out there????? :mad:

Rendar5

15+ Year Member
    Nov 12, 2003
    Florida
    1. Attending Physician
      forgetting boards, it's important to know this stuff if you want to be able to understand what studies and drug companies are BSing you and what aren't. So instead of worrying about how important it is, why don't you figure out which concepts you aren't getting and why you're not getting them. It shouldn't take more than half a day w/ the right mindset to understand this stuff. (Of course, w/ the wrong mindset, since it's math, it would take weeks and weeks to understand it. I also had a mental block on this sorta stuff last year).

If you've got any questions on concepts, you can PM or IM me and I could try to help you with them. There aren't too many you need to know.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.