Stats Exam from Hell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuropsyance

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm in a very difficult graduate level stats course, and I need to get a 75% to pass with a C (it's that hard), or I will get an F (no C-'s or anything for grad students). I'm very dissatisfied with my career path of choice, and plan on applying to medical school next year.

I will be busting as to get a passing grad for the course, but I'm wondering if an F and a retake would destroy any chance of medical school?

I'm not planning on getting an F, I was just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

xcn85e.jpg

Could anyone offer some actual advice? Should I worry about a C in a grad level stats course?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think there's any question that grad school GPA's are more closely scrutinized than undergrad GPA's where med school admission is concerned, and that's saying something. If your GPA takes a hit, it may well make a difference.

Is it to late to withdraw from the course? Some grad programs let you apply way later in the semester than normal -- if you petition to do so [and usually have a reason for why doing bad -- too busy of a workload perhaps?]. Is it also too late to P/F it?

But no -- an f and retake won't destroy your chance of getting into medical school. Might just hurt it alittle. Good luck!

p.s. This is making me like my grad Stat course -- do all assigned work, get a B. Do extra optional work, get an A. Don't do work or don't re-make up assigned work (if you didn't do well the first time)- get a C or lower.

Thanks for the advice everybody, I'm going to work as hard as I can to at least pull off the C, maybe better if I can, but I need to take this one step at a time.

I'd take a W instead of a C any day on any level. Drop it. C looks bad. Not just a little bad, C makes it look like you don't know your stuff. You can talk about how hard the class is, but are there people in class that gets A's and B's? Yes? Well then it's obviously not that hard.
Drop it.