Status Checks (Latest compilation)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
up

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You guys do know there's a website for this, thoughtfully maintained for us by Drako?

please help me keep this up guys

BUMP this all night long!

forgive my for being daft, but what exactly does 'bump' mean on SDN? where did it come from?

Members don't see this ad :)
It means to bump the thread back up to the top so it doesn't fall back to page 2 or worse, where it won't be seen.

Bump what your mama gave ya!!

Dr.Perez

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
could you people please keep bumping it?

Bump bump (take it to the house!)

Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump!
BUMP! HEH. :D :p

jump (im sick of bump)

Score! 2 points for me.

bumpty bump all night long (sort of suggestive no?)

Don't say "bump!" There isn't any reason to. Make a message and then delete it. Your thread will still go to the top and you won't take up space with pointless messages.

[inserting helium into this thread . . . . up up up and away]

bump...and delete :)

Does anyone know how the login and password are determined for the NYMC wed status check? I'd love to check my status, but I don't have the login and password yet.

Hi praying mantis,

The login ID is actually just your AAMC ID, but unfortunately the password is a mishmosh of letters & numbers that they assign to you; you can't log in until you receive an e-mail from them in which they give you the password.

I'm sorry to disappoint you...I know very well that eagerness to check up on your applications, especially considering the patience we've struggled to maintain w/ AMCAS!

PS -- Where in Connecticut? I've lived in Hamden before and now my home is in Shelton....

Does Albany have a status check yet? ANyone receive a complete application confirmation??

Does Albany have a status check yet? ANyone receive a complete application confirmation??
I called and asked,sure enough there was a problem with my file. I resolved it and got an email conf.

Hey MorningLight-

I live in Orange, quite close by. I remember that you interviewed at UCONN, have you heard back from them? I am still waiting patiently for an interview. I called today and they have not yet received my August MCAT scores.

Hi praying mantis,

Wow, what a small world, that you're from Orange! Just a few minutes away. :)

I interviewed at UConn on September 24th, and I actually was accepted there a few weeks ago...although I'm still keeping in a few other applications, I've withdrawn the majority of them! I loved the school.

The interview was a very nice experience. The admissions staff makes an obvious attempt to put everyone at ease...the dean of admissions first sits us down as a group just to chat, and has everyone go around and relate a funny personal story! Then you go onto an interview with a student, which does a very nice job of relaxing you. After that, you're taken straight to your second interview, which is with a faculty member/administrator.

It's really a very comfortable and laid-back experience...I hope that you hear good news from them and have as good an experience as I did! Who knows, maybe we'll be classmates next year!

:D

one post closer to 300.......... ;)

Just a question. How detailed are the NYMC status checks?? all I have managed to see is that my secondary was sent to me and that I sent it back?? do they update on that website stuff like recommendations and the sort?? any help would be appreciated..thanks so much

Here's what I received, in reverse chronological order:

- Invitation to Interview Sent
- Application Complete - File Under Review
- Evaluation Committee Letter Received
- Secondary Application Received
- Secondary Application Requested

I don't know what comes next.

Next comes:

-Interview Confirmation sent
-Decision Pending Committee Review (they take 8- 12 weeks to review your file once the interview is done!)

Originally posted by SMW:
•You guys do know there's a <a href="http://www.geocities.com/lvnh6791/statuscheck.htm" target="_blank">website</a> for this, thoughtfully maintained for us by Drako?•••

Just a reminder. :) If you bookmark Drako's site, you don't even need this thread! If you e-mail Drako (his address is at the bottom of the site) he will make any corrections or updates to the site that your little heart desires! :D

Originally posted by SMW:

Just a reminder. :) If you bookmark Drako's site, you don't even need this thread! If you e-mail Drako (his address is at the bottom of the site) he will make any corrections or updates to the site that your little heart desires! :D •••

well SMW, I wish you told me that BEFORE I updated the damn thing :D ....I know where your loyalty lies now heheh

:p :p