Updating parent living status

Started by nyrexa
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nyrexa

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys. My dad passed last week, and I was doomscrolling on this site and thought, “hey. do I need to update my amcas?” (Honestly none of it feels real still)
I can’t edit the section after submission, but should I call them about this? It’s pretty late in the cycle, so there’s not much of a point now, right? What do you guys think I should do?
 
Hey guys. My dad passed last week, and I was doomscrolling on this site and thought, “hey. do I need to update my amcas?” (Honestly none of it feels real still)
I can’t edit the section after submission, but should I call them about this? It’s pretty late in the cycle, so there’s not much of a point now, right? What do you guys think I should do?
Aw, that's sad. You don't need to do anything to update your apps, they were accurate at the time you submitted.
Spend time with the people who matter and be kind to yourself
 
I agree.... spend time with your loved ones. You can get off the internet for a bit.

At this stage in the game, it's not worth the AMCAS update if you haven't been interviewed.

If you have an offer, you may want to ask how this matters when filling out FAFSA or other financial aid forms, given that a parental contribution may need adjustment. Notify the admissions team, and schedule a talk with financial aid within a few weeks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree.... spend time with your loved ones. You can get off the internet for a bit.

At this stage in the game, it's not worth the AMCAS update if you haven't been interviewed.

If you have an offer, you may want to ask how this matters when filling out FAFSA or other financial aid forms, given that a parental contribution may need adjustment. Notify the admissions team, and schedule a talk with financial aid within a few weeks.
Thank you