Status Pages Actually Useful?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jonnymed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever found out an acceptance or rejection or interview invite based on a status page? I am tempted to check through the schools I haven't heard back from, but has anyone ever gotten any useful information besides "application complete, under review"?

Members don't see this ad.

You're more likely to find out a rejection via status page than an acceptance or interview invite.

Most schools email you if you've received an acceptance/interview but few schools email you rejections. So if you check your email regularly, you're more likely to find a rejection via status page and perhaps a mailed rejection letter following that.

This is just my opinion.

from status pages i've learned about 2 rejections (one of which was followed by a snail mail notification) as well as one pre-interview hold. some schools say if your status changes you will be notified via email that there is a status change. another school rejected me via email. every school seems to be different, which is why i just go ahead and check them all every so often.

in short, yes status pages CAN have useful info you might not otherwise hear about...although not all will

Members don't see this ad :)
I checked a status page & found out about an interview. They emailed me the next day...so I guess it only saved me like 15 or so hours of "will I get an interview" worrying?

Has anyone ever found out an acceptance or rejection or interview invite based on a status page? I am tempted to check through the schools I haven't heard back from, but has anyone ever gotten any useful information besides "application complete, under review"?

I applied to 18 schools last year, and about half of them never even updated their status pages past the "under review" stage (even after my rejections were snail-mailed!). So in general, unless you receive an email notifying you about a "change in status" (hold, smaller applicant pool, etc.) I would say they are pretty useless.

Thanks everyone.

A few schools accepts/waitlists/rejects you based on status pages, but they tend to send you an email regarding an update on the status page.

I just checked Michigan's status page and saw that I had an interview. I haven't received any correspondence from them telling me about it yet. So I guess the status page can be helpful!

Edit: I can't stand my own bad grammar!

Last edited:
I found out about my duke interview via status page...

AtG

MDean and Athegre,

those must have been awesome surprises. congratulations!

I just checked Michigan's status page and saw that I had an interview. I haven't received any correspondence from them yet telling me about it yet. So I guess the status page can be helpful!

Me too! Just checked the Michigan status page. Thanks so much for telling us to check!

MDean and Athegre,

those must have been awesome surprises. congratulations!

Thanks!! Yeah it was pretty surreal. I was on the phone and just mindlessly doing one of my perfunctory status checks and the interview confirmation popped up. It was actually similar to how I got my MCAT scores, and my reaction was about the same, haha.

Me too! Just checked the Michigan status page. Thanks so much for telling us to check!

Congrats!! Do you know when your interview date is?

Congrats!! Do you know when your interview date is?[/quote]

Yeah. They offered Nov 14th or 21st. I couldn't do the 14th so picked the 21st. I saw on the invite thread yours is the 14th. Good luck! Let us know how you like it.

these status pages are driving me crazy. I have not heard from a single school through email or have had any status page changes! the only school I have heard anything from was my hold at GW, and that was because I called myself! this process is driving me crazy. :scared: