Status Update for NOVA in aadsas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't know if having your pre-reqs checked necessarily means acceptance in that case.....i think we shouldn't get all too hyped about this

No, that was not my point... I decided that I wouldn't want to attend NOVA if I had been accepted, so I didn't go to my interview. I wrote that because, without an interview, one cannot be accepted. Therefore, I will be rejected AND my pre-reqs were checked by NOVA... Thus, DDS Perez's theory of "Pre-reqs being checked probably means you're accepted" is now wrong. (The Scientific Method in all its glory).

Just trying to give hope to everyone on this thread that feels like they won't be accepted by NOVA.

Best of LUCK everyone

Members don't see this ad.

The only positive I see in this thread is, as another poster already mentioned, the entertainment value you are providing admissions at Nova:laugh:.

Hahah, yup! I'm sure a lot of schools get a kick out of seeing all the pre-dents get all fired up around this time of year.

No, that was not my point... I decided that I wouldn't want to attend NOVA if I had been accepted, so I didn't go to my interview. I wrote that because, without an interview, one cannot be accepted. Therefore, I will be rejected AND my pre-reqs were checked by NOVA... Thus, DDS Perez's theory of "Pre-reqs being checked probably means you're accepted" is now wrong. (The Scientific Method in all its glory).

Just trying to give hope to everyone on this thread that feels like they won't be accepted by NOVA.

Best of LUCK everyone

Theories do not have the word "probably" on them. You mad? :D :p :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
And then came December 3rd... When everyone that only had an AADSAS update got an acceptance and everyone with a Webstar update got rejected.

(:):world explodes::))

And then came December 3rd... When everyone that only had an AADSAS update got an acceptance and everyone with a Webstar update got rejected.

(:):world explodes::))
You see, this is a false theory. There is absolutely no proof for this, only your anger, and your hidden emotions, most likely because you dont have the checked pre reqs... oh thats right, you decided to miss the interview because you interviewed at 30 other schools and you don't have the necessity to attends NOVA's interview :rolleyes:

It looks like through your undergrad you couldn't understand what a theory was. I have clearly stated many times that these are all assumptions, included the word PROBABLY in all my statements, and have encouraged everyone to completely ignore all these false clues. You do what you want, but its human nature to use assumptions in a positive, enthusiastic manner. And that is what i am doing.

Everybody chill out. Nobody has any clue right now anyways. (except the adcoms)

On another note, did anyone notice an update for the check back Dec.3 on aadsas for U Minnesota. I got that today.

whoa... DDS Perez, calm down. I was responding with a joke because I thought your last comment was just lighthearted. Sorry if you misread it as a mean statement. Hopefully you don't get this mad this easily with your future patients. :laugh: jk.

Best of luck DDS Perez. :luck:

whoa... DDS Perez, calm down. I was responding with a joke because I thought your last comment was just lighthearted. Sorry if you misread it as a mean statement. Hopefully you don't get this mad this easily with your future patients. :laugh: jk.

haha I didn't apply to NOVA, this thread is hilarious. It was a joke, haha.

Everybody chill out. Nobody has any clue right now anyways. (except the adcoms)

On another note, did anyone notice an update for the check back Dec.3 on aadsas for U Minnesota. I got that today.

Mine changed today...first thing that has happened on my AADSAS in 3 months.

Lets start a thread about MN and see if it blows up this much.

Best of luck to you as well. :thumbup:

My nova status has not changed at all. I was 3rd batch ish. No rejection or invite yet. Called to check, say im under review still.
Silent rejection????

Silly question that I should probably know by now, but if you have yet to take 1 pre-req, like microbio, will the school not accept you?

Also, some of you guys are over-reacting toward DDS Perez and making him out to be some sort of a bad guy. He is not. We don't even know the reality of the situation yet the envy within mankind is already polluting this forum.

Members don't see this ad :)
Silly question that I should probably know by now, but if you have yet to take 1 pre-req, like microbio, will the school not accept you?

Also, some of you guys are over-reacting toward DDS Perez and making him out to be some sort of a bad guy. He is not. We don't even know the reality of the situation yet the envy within mankind is already polluting this forum.

Agreed. I mean when those indications have led people to acceptances in the past (per threads from other cycles) it is hard to not be excited about it. We all want to get in and even if a school is our second or last choice, if we see some indication beforehand that we will be accepted, it is exciting. I'm glad DDS Perez noticed it, I never even remembered Webstar before it was mentioned.

Agreed. He is just saying probably it might mean something. He is just trying to correlate it with something and there is no harm that he intends where he has said that I will get in and you will not. So please dont overreact, we will find out dec 3 anyways. Best of luck to all.

Nothing changed for me on webstar today. Did it change for anybody else.

I did it to create a discussion, and try to come up with conclusions. I did not do it to play the role of ADCOMS. I am sorry if i hurt some's feelings.

I did it to create a discussion, and try to come up with conclusions. I did not do it to play the role of ADCOMS. I am sorry if i hurt some's feelings.

You hurt my feelings. We are never ever getting back together. :cry:

where do you get your pin? the only password i have on record with nsu doesn't work, and i don't see any emails that tell you it. also i can't retrieve it since it looks like i didn't set up a security question lol

What if you got the two deposit and pre-registration fees but did not have your Pre-reqs checked? Is that a good sign? or high waitlist?

What if you got the two deposit and pre-registration fees but did not have your Pre-reqs checked? Is that a good sign? or high waitlist?
Nobody knows. Everything is pure speculation until December 3rd.

Anyone have any movement on either aadsas or webstar today? Still nothing on either end for me ...

So it looks like those of us without Nova listed on the Decisions page will be looking at a rejection... Awesome. :(

shootingstar, is that what it says on ur mobile portal

My AADSAS portal on the computer said check back Dec 3rd, but on my mobile it said Dec 1.

And yes I had the proverbial webstar portal updates! :)

So it looks like the mobile portal is telling us today what the PC portal will tell us on the 3rd?

any rejections for mobile aadsas yet??

i was waitlisted :(

waitlisted as well, how exactly does the waitlist work, is there a way to find out where we are on the list?

Do you guys know of nova even rejects after interview? Or is everyone who isn't accepted out on waitlist

Well Nova isn't showing up on my mobile or my regular AADSAS... I interviewed in October and I had the typical 'good vibes' after. Either they forgot to update my AADSAS or I'm facing a rejection. I'm not banking on the former.

Well Nova isn't showing up on my mobile or my regular AADSAS... I interviewed in October and I had the typical 'good vibes' after. Either they forgot to update my AADSAS or I'm facing a rejection. I'm not banking on the former.
Yeah I'm in the same boat as you.

But it is definitely weird how ppl that did receive news back were either accepted or wait-listed, while there are those of us with no news at all. So if by Monday we don't see anything on aadsas/receive a call, what does that mean? silent reject? or no decision has been made on us yet?

It might mean that they've mailed/will be mailing rejection letters... I'm not too optimistic at this point.

It might mean that they've mailed/will be mailing rejection letters... I'm not too optimistic at this point.
Ya same here, it would have been nice to have an all-year tan though.

application denied...well, I guess it wasn't my first choice and they could tell...

Offer made on AADSAS mobile
Had my acceptance fee thing, and pre-requisites checked since Nov 15
Had AADSAS status changed to check back dec 3 a week ago
and received acceptance letter yesterday, that was unusual.

Offer made on AADSAS mobile
Had my acceptance fee thing, and pre-requisites checked since Nov 15
Had AADSAS status changed to check back dec 3 a week ago
and received acceptance letter yesterday, that was unusual.

I got one too lol! Are you from Miami, or anything that falls under Dade, or Broward?