Status Updates Post-Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leagueofDravenMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently had my first 3 interviews all mid January, where the offices of admissions all noted that we could send in status updates via email. I graduated with a bachelors in the spring of 2016, and for my secondary applications I mentioned that I had started working as a medical scribe in orthopedics. Is it worth sending in an update that I have scribed for "X" hours and learned this and that, and shadowed surgeries for 10 hours? I feel that it might be pestering, as I did discuss this experience at the interviews.

Should I send a status update? If so, should it be simple and just objectively describe what I did, or should I elaborate?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

I recently had my first 3 interviews all mid January, where the offices of admissions all noted that we could send in status updates via email. I graduated with a bachelors in the spring of 2016, and for my secondary applications I mentioned that I had started working as a medical scribe in orthopedics. Is it worth sending in an update that I have scribed for "X" hours and learned this and that, and shadowed surgeries for 10 hours? I feel that it might be pestering, as I did discuss this experience at the interviews.

Should I send a status update? If so, should it be simple and just objectively describe what I did, or should I elaborate?

Thanks.
Seems a bit weak for an update

Reactions: 1 user
Seems a bit weak for an update
yeah my thoughts exactly.... haven't been up to much, just that and tutoring a few students and saving money.

But generally, does not sending in a status update come off as not having a continued interest in the school? Does anyone know how many applicants send status updates?

Members don't see this ad :)
Only if the schools reallllllly seemed like they want an update. otherwise its not a big deal. They know much wont change in the 4 weeks between interview and decision.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, post-interview it doesn't matter as much. Post-secondary, maybe...