Quantcast

staying awake at night?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wazzuup

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
anyone losing sleep over match day yet? i'm starting to get pretty paranoid. having seen the kind of rank list people've been posting, i must say my heart rate had been jumping. but regardless, good luck to everyone.

Snoopy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm almost finished with my first year of residency, and, oddly enough, I've had two nightmares about the Match in the last month.

Seaglass

Quantum Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm losing sleep but not because of match day. My wife just gave birth to our first child (a boy!-see avatar) and he only sleeps when he's with one of us. We take turns at night.

Casey

lattimer13

good boy!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cg1155
I'm losing sleep but not because of match day. My wife just gave birth to our first child (a boy!-see avatar) and he only sleeps when he's with one of us. We take turns at night.

Casey

congrats.

Seaglass

Quantum Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm learning all sorts of new skills-like typing one handed. We're going to try the crib tonight.

Seaglass

Quantum Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Followup: crib didn't work out so well.

*Wing of Zock*

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cg1155
Followup: crib didn't work out so well.

Congrats

We had the same problem with my son. Try swaddling him real tight in a recieving blanket. It took us a couple of weeks to figure this out, and then he slept fine--But then I couldn't sleep.

EIther way you have a legitimate excuse for not sleeping. I'm thinking maybe a 17 day course of Ambien for me. This sucks

Enjoy every moment with your son--it's amazing.

-wing

Seaglass

Quantum Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah I tried swaddling him, and after 1 month in the NICU (not for our son) I know my swaddling skills are good but he hates it and kicks constantly trying to get out of it. I still do it some though. My wife thinks he's going through a growth spurt right now.

Casey

Seaglass

Quantum Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
And . . . . still awake right now.

*Wing of Zock*

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You know at some point in the future you'll back and treasure those sleepless nights

waaaaaaaay in the future

roja

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have two words: Sling and Co-sleeper.

Definate LIFE SAVERS.

Seaglass

Quantum Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We have the sling and that's great for when I have to type two-handed. We're not into cosleeping because neither of us sleep very well but it won't be necessary because

GOOD NEWS

He has started sleeping for 4+ hours at a time in the crib. I started swaddling him with a fleece blanket that is a big stretchier and he can't get out of it as easily. It seems to work great, but now I get up freaking out that he died or something.

jlw2004

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Try sticking him in the car seat to sleep. Both of my daughters spent a big chunk of their first several weeks sleeping in theirs. I think the cramped quarters remind them of the womb.