Take a look at your abdomen.

Started by RustedFox
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As a kid, I always had some extra pounds on me and usually was the slowest when running while playing soccer and basketball etc. In college, I ended up hitting a max weight of 282lb. In medical school, I fought back by stopping soda, drinking water, eating clean keto/mediterranean meals, reasonable portions, and lifting. Reached my adult weight nadir of 198lb in residency. Kept the weight mostly off until the pandemic, when I gained back about 40lb.

Finally last year I decided I was done with all this, and wanted to attain some genuine fitness. Wife and I started doing CrossFit in the summer last year. First classes kicked my ass, but I kept going. I decided to add in running in September as I felt I needed to beef up my aerobic capacity for the CrossFit workouts. I was surprised to realize that I actually enjoyed running, and plus I felt I was avenging my slow paces back when I was a kid. I decided to run my first ever race (a 5k) on Thanksgiving, which I managed in almost exactly 30 minutes. Ran another 5k over the weekend and shaved the time down to 28:55. I’m running a 10k in May, and I’m following the Garmin Run Coach recommended workouts for it. Aerobic capacity is improving dramatically. I have a lot more energy and mood is definitely better. I’m continuing with CrossFit. Adding more and more strength training. I bought a rower and a weight bench. I’d like to do a Hyrox in the next year or so.

I wish most Americans realized that it’s not that hard. Just get up and move.
 
As a kid, I always had some extra pounds on me and usually was the slowest when running while playing soccer and basketball etc. In college, I ended up hitting a max weight of 282lb. In medical school, I fought back by stopping soda, drinking water, eating clean keto/mediterranean meals, reasonable portions, and lifting. Reached my adult weight nadir of 198lb in residency. Kept the weight mostly off until the pandemic, when I gained back about 40lb.

Finally last year I decided I was done with all this, and wanted to attain some genuine fitness. Wife and I started doing CrossFit in the summer last year. First classes kicked my ass, but I kept going. I decided to add in running in September as I felt I needed to beef up my aerobic capacity for the CrossFit workouts. I was surprised to realize that I actually enjoyed running, and plus I felt I was avenging my slow paces back when I was a kid. I decided to run my first ever race (a 5k) on Thanksgiving, which I managed in almost exactly 30 minutes. Ran another 5k over the weekend and shaved the time down to 28:55. I’m running a 10k in May, and I’m following the Garmin Run Coach recommended workouts for it. Aerobic capacity is improving dramatically. I have a lot more energy and mood is definitely better. I’m continuing with CrossFit. Adding more and more strength training. I bought a rower and a weight bench. I’d like to do a Hyrox in the next year or so.

I wish most Americans realized that it’s not that hard. Just get up and move.
For the last 7 years, I have been doing OrangeTheory, another HIIT group workout. I love it and at the peak was doing it 5-6x a week. 3 years ago I was diagnosed with non-ankylosing spondylitis and realized that over the prior year or so while I was getting more symptomatic, I had been eating and drinking my pain away and not working out nearly as hard as I had been. Once my symptoms were managed, I was back to my normal workout regimen but still not feeling great (and still eating and drinking too much).

Last June, I realized how bad things had gotten and how bad I really felt. I was up to 212# (I'm 5'9") which was the most I think I'd every weighed (but who knows since there were plenty of times I never bothered to weigh myself). I increased my exercise regimen a little bit (biking to work more often, lifting heavy on some days, still doing the OrangeTheory workouts 3-4x a week) but mostly paid more attention to what I was eating, and tracking my calories (shoutout here to MyNetDiary). 9 months down the road I'm still flabby around the edges but stronger and down almost 30# since I started. I'm 1# away from my next goal (which wasn't until August) so going to push to be down to my high school weight of 175# by the end of the year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Another runner here, for 25 years... but even when I took a year off running, I didn't gain a pound. People think losing weight is all about exercise, but it's more about food. (Exercise is important for overall health and helps more with weight maintenance than loss.) Our country (and increasingly, the world) has a food addiction problem. People don't cook, have adapted to only enjoy hyperpalatable ultraprocessed food, build social lives around unhealthy food, and don't understand the first thing about nutrition. And even if they ask their doctor... he/she has no idea because we're not taught anything beyond vitamin deficiencies in med school. (Not to mention most physicians are just as entrenched as the patients. It's like asking a smoking doctor in 1950 whether/how to quit smoking.) Many of our chronic diseases could be improved or even reversed with healthy food (and, yes, some exercise), but we continue to throw pills at them and say the whole food thing is "too hard."

Politics and money are a huge part of the problem. The research has been done. The information is out there. It's just obscured by politics, money, the media, the food industry, etc. If you ask your favorite AI, "What is the healthiest diet for humans based on the best available balance of scientific evidence that has not been influenced by the food industry?" you'll get the correct answer.
 
I remember watching a podcast with Dr Mike and retired nutrition professor Dr Marion Nestle. They mentioned there's about 4,000 calories available per person per day in this country. The more food around you, the more you're going to eat.

The average person in america eats about 3700 calories a day.

That's insane.

That's what a pro bodybuilder might eat in the off season to bulk up, or an ultramarathoner, most people are nowhere near needing this.
 
I remember watching a podcast with Dr Mike and retired nutrition professor Dr Marion Nestle. They mentioned there's about 4,000 calories available per person per day in this country. The more food around you, the more you're going to eat.

The average person in america eats about 3700 calories a day.

That's insane.

That's what a pro bodybuilder might eat in the off season to bulk up, or an ultramarathoner, most people are nowhere near needing this.
Americans don't recognize the difference between full and not hungry.
 
I remember watching a podcast with Dr Mike and retired nutrition professor Dr Marion Nestle. They mentioned there's about 4,000 calories available per person per day in this country. The more food around you, the more you're going to eat.

The average person in america eats about 3700 calories a day.

That's insane.

That's what a pro bodybuilder might eat in the off season to bulk up, or an ultramarathoner, most people are nowhere near needing this.

I absolutely cannot stand "Dr. (not a doctor) Mike"

Your post is otherwise truth, my hate for that asshat notwithstanding.
 
Another runner here, for 25 years... but even when I took a year off running, I didn't gain a pound. People think losing weight is all about exercise, but it's more about food. (Exercise is important for overall health and helps more with weight maintenance than loss.) Our country (and increasingly, the world) has a food addiction problem. People don't cook, have adapted to only enjoy hyperpalatable ultraprocessed food, build social lives around unhealthy food, and don't understand the first thing about nutrition. And even if they ask their doctor... he/she has no idea because we're not taught anything beyond vitamin deficiencies in med school. (Not to mention most physicians are just as entrenched as the patients. It's like asking a smoking doctor in 1950 whether/how to quit smoking.) Many of our chronic diseases could be improved or even reversed with healthy food (and, yes, some exercise), but we continue to throw pills at them and say the whole food thing is "too hard."

Politics and money are a huge part of the problem. The research has been done. The information is out there. It's just obscured by politics, money, the media, the food industry, etc. If you ask your favorite AI, "What is the healthiest diet for humans based on the best available balance of scientific evidence that has not been influenced by the food industry?" you'll get the correct answer.

The lemmings treat nutrition like it's some sort of mystic concept.

It's literally thermodynamics.
 
Many of our chronic diseases could be improved or even reversed with healthy food (and, yes, some exercise), but we continue to throw pills at them and say the whole food thing is "too hard."

It's supposed to be hard. That's how excellence is built; not by taking a pill - but by hitting your max bench/best 5 mile time/shredding that trail.

Americans just don't "like" that.
 
The average calorie per person in the US increased from 1,800 in the 1970s to ~4k today.

Here is an idea: Levy steep taxes on ultra-processed foods as we do with cigars. Make them unattractive to consumers. The taxes can be used to fund healthcare. MAHA is basically just a sham, no teeth. Just slogans. Red dye in food is not what’s making Americans fat.
 
The average calorie per person in the US increased from 1,800 in the 1970s to ~4k today.

Here is an idea: Levy steep taxes on ultra-processed foods as we do with cigars. Make them unattractive to consumers. The taxes can be used to fund healthcare. MAHA is basically just a sham, no teeth. Just slogans. Red dye in food is not what’s making Americans fat.
I mean, Bloomberg did that in NYC with the "soda tax" and every libertarian f-wit on the planet went nuts calling it nanny state authoritarianism. So...can't see that going anywhere, especially on the national scale.

MAHA is just as much of a pathetic joke as MAGA is.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mean, Bloomberg did that in NYC with the "soda tax" and every libertarian f-wit on the planet went nuts calling it nanny state authoritarianism. So...can't see that going anywhere, especially on the national scale.

MAHA is just as much of a pathetic joke as MAGA is.

Yeah, I remember the Bloomberg fiasco and Michelle Obama’s as well. Times have changed, though. This past year has taught me that MAHA/MAGA are not really ideologically driven but rather personality-driven. They can co-opt any message as long as it’s from one of their “guy”. RFK Jr’s new food pyramid is basically lifted from Michelle Obama’s MyPlate (1/4 grains and 3/4 everything else).
 
The average calorie per person in the US increased from 1,800 in the 1970s to ~4k today.

Here is an idea: Levy steep taxes on ultra-processed foods as we do with cigars. Make them unattractive to consumers. The taxes can be used to fund healthcare. MAHA is basically just a sham, no teeth. Just slogans. Red dye in food is not what’s making Americans fat.
Sadly it is just supply and demand. We live in a world of readily available, cheap, hyperpalatable calories, and do not have evolved counter-regulatory mechanisms to deal with that like many other animals do.

There's not good mechanism to get rid of this. UPFs are on average worse for you, but plenty of UPFs are overall healthy as well. non-fat greek yogurt is an UPF. Protein bars are UPF. We have plenty of cheap healthy foods available to us now. People don't not buy broccoli because it's expensive. Lean chicken breast is 1/3 the price of fatty steak. the food industry isn't some evil cabal, they make whatever there is demand for, which is mostly junk.

Furthermore, "healthy" vs. unhealthy is a false dichotomy for food, as it is all context dependent. we all have cachectic cancer patients who desperately need a milkshake or a coke or any calories they can get. Peanuts and avocados and olive oil are all fantastically healthy as unsaturated fat sources, but not if you are obese and have an excess of calories.

This is why GLP-1s and their newer versions are the only real solution to the obesity epidemic that exists.

I
 
There, but for the grace of God, go I.

I exercise every day, been teaching my son to lift recently and it's a blast.
I eat fresh fruits and vegetables and lots of protein. I'm fortunate to have the time and money required to do so.

The US population could absolutely be less obese, but (as mentioned above) there are certain systemic factors that are supported by industry & actively work against a healthier population. More profitable to sell us junk food for cheap and then sell us medicine at a premium.

Nobody wakes up in the morning thinking, "how can I get fatter today?"

Give people advice if they ask, spare them the judgement.
 
Sadly it is just supply and demand. We live in a world of readily available, cheap, hyperpalatable calories, and do not have evolved counter-regulatory mechanisms to deal with that like many other animals do.

There's not good mechanism to get rid of this. UPFs are on average worse for you, but plenty of UPFs are overall healthy as well. non-fat greek yogurt is an UPF. Protein bars are UPF. We have plenty of cheap healthy foods available to us now. People don't not buy broccoli because it's expensive. Lean chicken breast is 1/3 the price of fatty steak. the food industry isn't some evil cabal, they make whatever there is demand for, which is mostly junk......


I
UPFs are actually not cheaper since they are non-satiating. So you end up spending more money because you have to eat more.

Plain Greek yogurt is not considered ultra-processed. They are minimally processed.

50% Americans are either prediabetic or diabetic. So you're right. GLPs are here to stay.
 
UPFs are actually not cheaper since they are non-satiating. So you end up spending more money because you have to eat more.

Not saying you’re wrong, but would be interested to see some kind of unit cost analysis on that. Like figure out how many Oreos it takes to ‘satiate’ your average American couch potato, lol
 
I mean, Bloomberg did that in NYC with the "soda tax" and every libertarian f-wit on the planet went nuts calling it nanny state authoritarianism. So...can't see that going anywhere, especially on the national scale.

MAHA is just as much of a pathetic joke as MAGA is.

Is there still a soda tax? And did it produce its intended effect?
 
Not saying you’re wrong, but would be interested to see some kind of unit cost analysis on that. Like figure out how many Oreos it takes to ‘satiate’ your average American couch potato, lol
I'm not sure this, exactly, has been done, but you can look up satiety index charts that include all sorts of different types of food, then add some price estimates and get a rough idea. And speaking of potatoes, they are the most satiating food. But also, it's not just about stomach space. You can fill your stomach with water (or junk food) and still be hungry because your body knows you didn't get any nutrients.

But also, as someone previously noted, people are really bad at knowing when they're "full" versus just "not hungry anymore." I think most people eat WAY past satiety.
 
Not saying you’re wrong, but would be interested to see some kind of unit cost analysis on that. Like figure out how many Oreos it takes to ‘satiate’ your average American couch potato, lol

That's would make for a great satirical study. To your other point:

Average bag (2 oz) of Lay's potato chips is around $2-3 and small bag of baby carrots is $1. Most people can easily eat a full bag of chips and be hungry in an hr or so. Eating a small bag of baby carrots in one sitting is quite feat and incredibly filling.
 
There, but for the grace of God, go I.

I exercise every day, been teaching my son to lift recently and it's a blast.
I eat fresh fruits and vegetables and lots of protein. I'm fortunate to have the time and money required to do so.

The US population could absolutely be less obese, but (as mentioned above) there are certain systemic factors that are supported by industry & actively work against a healthier population. More profitable to sell us junk food for cheap and then sell us medicine at a premium.

Nobody wakes up in the morning thinking, "how can I get fatter today?"

Give people advice if they ask, spare them the judgement.

There is no conspiracy to make us unhealthy. Companies sell us what we want to buy. We buy crap, so they make more crap to sell. Coke doesn't care if you buy a regular coke or a Diet Coke. They'll make what the market demands. If we bought mostly healthy foods, they'd make more of them. Sadly we don't. There is starting to be a push for more protein intake, partly driven by GLP1s. And guess what? My Costco now has high protein chips, high protein bread, protein ramen, etc etc.

Ditto for pharma. We have an obesity problem? They develop obesity drugs.

Blaming "big food" or "big pharma" is counterproductive. The blame lies with our genetics and the person in the mirror.

But even that is counterproductive. Since expecting people to successfully fight their natural food drive is a losing battle. That's why GLPs are so amazing. They help better match our genetically derived food drive to our environment of caloric abundance. There is a reason they succeed when literally every other obesity targeted intervention fails.
 
I think it’s disingenuous to say Big Food isn’t a thing. Just take a look at agricultural subsidies… like corn.

Corn subsidies drive the food market by artificially lowering the cost of corn, leading to massive overproduction and an abundance of cheap, processed ingredients like high fructose corn syrup. This encourages the widespread use of corn in processed foods, ethanol, and livestock feed, effectively shifting agricultural focus away from diverse, nutritious produce and instead toward mono-cropped, industrial commodities.
 
I think it’s disingenuous to say Big Food isn’t a thing. Just take a look at agricultural subsidies… like corn.

Corn subsidies drive the food market by artificially lowering the cost of corn, leading to massive overproduction and an abundance of cheap, processed ingredients like high fructose corn syrup. This encourages the widespread use of corn in processed foods, ethanol, and livestock feed, effectively shifting agricultural focus away from diverse, nutritious produce and instead toward mono-cropped, industrial commodities.
Agriculture has a lobby that behaves in a profit maximizing fashion, like any other industry. Asking an industry not to lobby for their interests is not a realistic ask. Sadly medicine just sucks at it.

Again the blame falls on we the people. We could vote people out of office for counterproductive ag subsidies. We should, but we don't. The sad truth is we get the government we deserve, which says some pretty poor things about us as a society at the moment.

I also question the impact. If HFCS cost an extra 20% more, either food industry would substitute another sweetener or would pass the cost onto us, since I doubt we would stop demanding sweet crap. Despite what many believe coke with sugar is just as bad for you as coke with HFCS.
 
Jury is still out on whether GLP-1’s are a reliable long term solution to the obesity crisis. Issues with tachyphylaxis and also concern with anhedonia

“What you might not have heard: For some people, the return of hunger and thoughts of food come back leading to potential weight gain—even while they are still taking the drug.”


Exactly. I have had so many people come through clinic on GLP-1s who have to stop them on account of side effects, or who stop them and then gain all the weight back because they never actually changed anything about their habits.

Some people get bariatric surgery and gain all the weight back there too. Because, yet again, they never changed their habits.

There is only one thing that actually works to control weight:

(Say it with me, America): behavior modification.

It’s not pleasant. But as stated earlier in this post, it’s your responsibility.

Unfortunately, we have an entire country and culture that revolves around horrible dietary choices and minimal exercise.

I don’t think we should be making excuses for people. Europe and Asia are, on the whole, much less heavy overall than is the average American. It’s possible to get through this life without weighing 300-400 lbs. Billions of folks across the world do it.

If anything drives me closer to burnout as an outpatient physician, it’s excuses. I hear so many lame ass ridiculous excuses from pts every day about everything. I can’t do this, I can’t do that. I don’t wanna do physical therapy to address my joint pain, can I get more pills? I want to go on disability. I want narcotics. It goes on and on.

I’m really ****ing tired of hearing excuses from pts.

Again, step up America. It’s your responsibility.
 
There is no conspiracy to make us unhealthy. Companies sell us what we want to buy. We buy crap, so they make more crap to sell. Coke doesn't care if you buy a regular coke or a Diet Coke. They'll make what the market demands. If we bought mostly healthy foods, they'd make more of them. Sadly we don't. There is starting to be a push for more protein intake, partly driven by GLP1s. And guess what? My Costco now has high protein chips, high protein bread, protein ramen, etc etc.

Ditto for pharma. We have an obesity problem? They develop obesity drugs.

Blaming "big food" or "big pharma" is counterproductive. The blame lies with our genetics and the person in the mirror.

But even that is counterproductive. Since expecting people to successfully fight their natural food drive is a losing battle. That's why GLPs are so amazing. They help better match our genetically derived food drive to our environment of caloric abundance. There is a reason they succeed when literally every other obesity targeted intervention fails.
By your reasoning the Sackler family bears no responsibility for the opioid epidemic - they were simply responding to market demands.

FWIW - I never used the word conspiracy. I am not saying Frito Lay is in cahoots with Pfizer. I'm saying that we have a system where corporations are motivated to make profits, rather than do what's good for us, and that the negative effects of this are compounded by the way corporations are able to influence our legislators. You don't need a conspiracy theory to recognize how a system might me harming the population.

I also don't shirk personal responsibility - nobody can change you but yourself.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If a few people have a problem, it's an individual issue. If everyone has a problem, it's a systems issue. Americans are fat because we have largely sedentary jobs, poor work-life balance, limited investment in outdoor spaces, car focused city planning, are constantly surrounded by advertising and cheap high-calorie foods that specifically use neuropsychology and physiology to increase consumption, and now have multiple megacorporations purposely working to increase screentime as much as possible. All the usual "pull themselves up by boot-straps garbage" is just prosperity gospel and science denialism to support a fictional but soothing narrative for people uncomfortable with reality.
 
There, but for the grace of God, go I.

I exercise every day, been teaching my son to lift recently and it's a blast.
I eat fresh fruits and vegetables and lots of protein. I'm fortunate to have the time and money required to do so.

The US population could absolutely be less obese, but (as mentioned above) there are certain systemic factors that are supported by industry & actively work against a healthier population. More profitable to sell us junk food for cheap and then sell us medicine at a premium.

Nobody wakes up in the morning thinking, "how can I get fatter today?"

Give people advice if they ask, spare them the judgement.
I'm trying to put on a little weight but not fat. I'm finding it difficult to want to eat more than normal.
 
Not saying you’re wrong, but would be interested to see some kind of unit cost analysis on that. Like figure out how many Oreos it takes to ‘satiate’ your average American couch potato, lol
I can eat oreos until I start to feel a little sick but definitely not full.

Edit: It's a lot.
 
I can eat oreos until I start to feel a little sick but definitely not full.

Edit: It's a lot.
Yeah, I think we’ve all been there at some point in our lives. That’s why I don’t keep chocolate covered almonds in the house. I can absolutely devour half the box of Kirkland brand chocolate almonds until the sugar rush turns into me feeling sick and disgusted lol.
 
By your reasoning the Sackler family bears no responsibility for the opioid epidemic - they were simply responding to market demands.

FWIW - I never used the word conspiracy. I am not saying Frito Lay is in cahoots with Pfizer. I'm saying that we have a system where corporations are motivated to make profits, rather than do what's good for us, and that the negative effects of this are compounded by the way corporations are able to influence our legislators. You don't need a conspiracy theory to recognize how a system might me harming the population.

I also don't shirk personal responsibility - nobody can change you but yourself.
By your reasoning the Sackler family bears no responsibility for the opioid epidemic - they were simply responding to market demands.

FWIW - I never used the word conspiracy. I am not saying Frito Lay is in cahoots with Pfizer. I'm saying that we have a system where corporations are motivated to make profits, rather than do what's good for us, and that the negative effects of this are compounded by the way corporations are able to influence our legislators. You don't need a conspiracy theory to recognize how a system might me harming the population.

I also don't shirk personal responsibility - nobody can change you but yourself.
Sacklers and Purdue were found guilty of a number of charges including conspiracy to defraud, illegal kickbacks, etc.

People bear responsibility for breaking the law. They should bear more, and it's up to us to vote for representatives who will hold corporations that break the law to account either through their action or through appointing judges who will.

I would be very careful about demonizing corporations behaving in a legal profit maximizing fashion. Capitalism, while not perfect, has proven to be the greatest economic force for wealth generation and raising the standard of living ever identified. To make it near perfect, we have to install and enforce the guide rails that internalize negative externalities, which we have done with mixed results over the years.
 
I don't hold "wanting to make a buck" against food corporations. I agree that they're not conspiring to make us all unhealthy. What I do have a problem with is intentionally sowing confusion about what is healthy. It's very reminiscent of the tobacco companies assuring everyone that cigarettes were not only not bad for you, but even good for you, and definitely not addictive. I know there are people who will eat whatever they want regardless of health, but it would be nice if people at least had the correct information with which to make that decision. I think some people really would make better choices if they were better informed. (Yes, as I noted previously, the correct information is out there, but it needs to be much more clear, obvious, and easily available. Let's not forget that the average person is, unfortunately, not very bright and not very motivated.)

All that said, anyone who wants to lose weight, improve a health problem, etc. would be crazy to wait for the government, businesses, their friends, etc. to all line up perfectly. There is a lot to be said for personal accountability. If you're not willing to swim upstream a bit, fix your immediate environment (get the Twinkies out of your pantry, etc.), then you'll never get anywhere, or at least not for long. You have to be the weirdo who gets up early to run, eats lots of vegetables, says no to the pizza in the break room, etc. And it's sad that those things are "weird."

Edit: replaced "ensuring" with "assuring" :smack:
 
Last edited:
One of the few good things that did come out of the affordable care act was requiring clear calorie labelling on food products and vending machines, as well as for chain restaurants; they did find the more people knew how many calories a food contained, the less of it they ate.
 
I remember watching a podcast with Dr Mike and retired nutrition professor Dr Marion Nestle. They mentioned there's about 4,000 calories available per person per day in this country. The more food around you, the more you're going to eat.

The average person in america eats about 3700 calories a day.

That's insane.

That's what a pro bodybuilder might eat in the off season to bulk up, or an ultramarathoner, most people are nowhere near needing this.
You can't outrun a fork...
 
Alright, time for leg day. Ugh. It was supposed to be Sunday but I chickened out and made it a rest day. It was supposed to be Monday but I did chest and back instead. It was supposed to be Tuesday but I did shoulders and arms instead. I just need to get it over with... Here goes nothin.

.
Leg Day GIF
 
Alright, time for leg day. Ugh. It was supposed to be Sunday but I chickened out and made it a rest day. It was supposed to be Monday but I did chest and back instead. It was supposed to be Tuesday but I did shoulders and arms instead. I just need to get it over with... Here goes nothin.

.
Leg Day GIF
You should look up Tom Platz leg workout videos on YouTube. Masochism at its finest
 
Never skip leg day. You can move it if you're mid nights or post but that's all.

The only time it’s really permissible to skip leg day is if you have diarrhea.

I speak not from personal experience, but from a workout I did with a friend while I was in fellowship. We’re alternating sets of squats. I was not aware he was having stomach issues. He’s on the last set:

Rep 7: fart
Rep 8: FART
Rep 9: Bigger fart
Rep 10: here comes the mudslide. He’s wearing shorts, so it’s cleanup on aisle 7. He reracks the bar and hustles to the toilets. Meanwhile whole gym is looking at me and the defiled squat rack.

Later he tells me that he had been sick all day and was wondering if he should have done the workout at all.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Leg day is kinda overrated for me. Number one reason for physical retirement in eyes is neck and back stuff, so core and shoulders win.

Not to say it’s bad or anything, but prioritizing