staying in Pennsylvania

Started by Hyegirl84
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hyegirl84

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys!! I was wondering if you guys could please give me some suggestions as to what hotels you guys stayed at when you interviewed at PCO. I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!!
 
Hey guys!! I was wondering if you guys could please give me some suggestions as to what hotels you guys stayed at when you interviewed at PCO. I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!!

hey, i stayed here http://www.fwholiday.com/ its a pretty nice place. however, no free breakfast... but they offer you a deal if you tell them you are there for an interview at PCO. if you stay there, leave plenty early (at least an hour) b/c with a bit of construction and the traffic, you never know how long it will take. without traffic its a 10 minute drive. the morning of the interview it took me 35-40. i'm sure there are closer hotels, but this one was pretty good for the money. good luck!
 
There was traffic? I'm surprised, only because I drove out there the morning of my interview (I had a 3.5 hour drive, according to mapquest) and it took me only 3 hours, and I had no traffic even when I was on the roads close to the school. Maybe that was because I was early, though, and so a little before you were probably trying to get there? I don't know, I guess it's a toss up.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
great thanks soo much guys! and how did u guys get around in PA.. are the good public transportations or did u guys rent a car or sumthin?

thanks guys!!
 
I live in PA so I had my car. Everyone else on my interview day had driven from home except one person who rented a car. The public transportation directions look really complicated.
 
Thanks so much for replying JACKCM! Since you live in PA maybe you can help me out with this too... I went on PCO's website for nearby hotels that they suggested and I was wondering if those they suggested are by Philadelphia too (or at least the sightseeing places cuz I'm going to be staying there for a couple extra days just to tour and I wanted to stay at a hotel where it's kinda close to the sight-seeing places like historic stuff and what not).
 
Well I don't know that area too much, as I do live a good 3 hours away from there, but as far as I know Philly is easy to get around via public transportation. I would call the hotel and just ask them how easy it is to get to the city and do some sight seeing.
 
I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Willow Grove. Its on the same road as the school about 4 miles north. I rented a car from Enterprise at the airport for 35 dollars for 24 hours. It was nice to be able to explore a little.