Staying on top of ELOR's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maschka1

CSU c/o 2017
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I need some advice. I have 2 fantastic references (and one OK) for my app. Problem is, the one I have known the longest and I am kinda counting on being the best of the three is really hard to stay on top of. one is done, the other is working on his, but my third hasnt even started, nor have I been able to get a hold of her (I always talk to her nurse). I know she is a VERY busy person and it is so very, very, kind of her to take the time to do this for me, but I am getting worried that the deadline is fast approaching and I havent even spoken to her.
Has anyone else had this issue ( I am assuming yes, as we all get references from doctors- and we all know how they can be). How did you handle it? I dont want to seem too pushy, but I also dont want october to hit and I only have 2 ELOR's :eek:.

I would love to hear your ideas. also, is it appropriate to send thank you gifts to ELOR's? and if so, what have people sent?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I told all mine that the deadline was Sept. 15th, that way they got on top of it and I had some wiggle room if they messed up. I would e-mail, leave phone messages and stop by their offices to "chat" and mention the deadline. Don't be obnoxious about it, but at this point the deadline is coming up, so don't feel bad about leaving messages to 'catch up' with them and, oh yeah!, remind them that the deadline is soon.

I'm applying through an early admittance program and my ELORs are due on Sept. 3rd and one of them needs to be from my advisor. Two are complete, but I haven't even been able to contact the third evaluator (my advisor.) I emailed him a month ago and even traveled 600 miles back to campus to ask him in person. Guess what? He hasn't been in his office all summer and no one knows when he'll be back. ugh...:scared: