• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

Jazz Gal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 14, 2002
USA
none
Status (Visible)
Hi all. I'll be finishing up my first year of med school pretty soon. I was wondering how much of my summer I should spend reviewing basic science material from this year. How much of it appears on the boards? Some upperclassmen have told me that Step I is all year-2 stuff, but other people say there's plenty of biochem, anatomy, and phys on the exam.

Even if there is plenty of year-1 stuff on the exam, is it worth it to get started studying right now?

If anyone can offer their opinion....

Pilot

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2000
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Enjoy your summer off. You will not remember any biochem pathways by the end of your second year and will have to review it all again. You might as well enjoy your summer and review it a few weeks before boards.

ckent

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2000
Smallville/Metropolis
www.supermanhomepage.com
Status (Visible)
No, it is not worthwhile to study the summer between your first two years unless you had trouble understanding something first year and want to go over it again so that you will understand it for second year. Cardio and renal are subjects that it is useful to have a strong first year foundation in for going into second year IMO. If you want to see to what extent first year topics are covered on the boards, you can purchase the First Aid 2002 edition and flip through that. You should use First Aid to study for your second year classes anyways so it's OK to purchase that book now.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.