Step 1 mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lordman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recent test takers: What is the mean of step 1 now? 228, 229 or 230? There is inconsistency between sources.

The mean can be easily found just below your score in the pdf file. Please provide date (or just the month) when you took the test

PS: Please don't respond with "I guess" or give me a wikipedia link. Fall 2014 was 230, but it seems it decreased down to 228 now?

Members don't see this ad.

Please let us know the skewness and variance to at least 2 decimals, as well.

Reactions: 1 user
short of it going up by 5 points or down by 5 points, does it matter that much what the current exact mean is? 230, 231, 229, all basically the same area. All higher than it was years ago. And probably means it will continue creeping upwards.

Yeah it means a lot...You did not understand the message to Garcia. If it's 228 now (which was 230 in October 2014), it means the average is not always increasing, and maybe the exam is getting harder, especially, in the light of the new changes that will occur in May

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah it means a lot...You did not understand the message to Garcia. If it's 228 now (which was 230 in October 2014), it means the average is not always increasing, and maybe the exam is getting harder, especially, in the light of the new changes that will occur in May
A change from 230 to 228 is unlikely to be statistically significant. While I understand your logic, you're better off reading tea leaves.

Reactions: 1 users
Either way, what good does it do psychologically to know it's getting harder/easier by +/-2pts? We're all neurotic but ffs you have to be able to turn the dial down at times.

Reactions: 1 user
I think with the chnages in may, we;ll get more time per question, less pressure=chance to do better on your test if you know your ****