• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!
Jun 24, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Haven't done much studying for boards. My school ends its last organ system/major block mid April. I have 6 weeks of OS/Clerkship stuff after which will definetly not take the majority of my day, then 6 weeks of pure dedicated. Kind of worried. I plan to do FAPS during the first 6 weeks with mild UWORLD, then 6 weeks really ramp **** up with UFAPS. I don't really need a uber duper 250 Ortho score, because I really only am interested in GI/Cardio/neuro/rads. Is this good enough to pull a 230-240?

Aug 7, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Haven't done much studying for boards. My school ends its last organ system/major block mid April. I have 6 weeks of OS/Clerkship stuff after which will definetly not take the majority of my day, then 6 weeks of pure dedicated. Kind of worried. I plan to do FAPS during the first 6 weeks with mild UWORLD, then 6 weeks really ramp **** up with UFAPS. I don't really need a uber duper 250 Ortho score, because I really only am interested in GI/Cardio/neuro/rads. Is this good enough to pull a 230-240?
So many variables. Have you kept up with material through all of M1/M2? Or did you binge/purge for each block? If yes to the first, have you used Anki (i.e. Anking deck) religiously? Take a practice exam at the start of your 12 week period to see, then another before your harsh 6 weeks of UWORLD to see if you improved at all. And make sure you really utilize Uworld correctly - timed, random. Then review it all. Good luck!

Jun 24, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
So many variables. Have you kept up with material through all of M1/M2? Or did you binge/purge for each block? If yes to the first, have you used Anki (i.e. Anking deck) religiously? Take a practice exam at the start of your 12 week period to see, then another before your harsh 6 weeks of UWORLD to see if you improved at all. And make sure you really utilize Uworld correctly - timed, random. Then review it all. Good luck!

Nah, haven't kept up with anything really. I was going to do practice exams around the same time frame you mentioned. I've been using a deck for sketchy micro/pharm, though, and some uworld stuff i did.

About the Ads
Jun 24, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
nvm. OP is a DO

It matters because past behavior predicts future behavior. If OP hasn't kept up with the material I suspect they didn't keep up with MCAT-focused material in undergrad either - and thus a lower MCAT and no MD A. Mostly wishful thinking
lmao u right, i got a 507 then 515 on a retake as i was applying to mostly do programs. So your point is that only students who kept up with an anking deck are scoring 240+? That's definitely silly.

Jun 24, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
congrats on being part of 2% of DO with >=515. Not sure if you're trying to impress me or point out your poor planning and execution in "applying to mostly DO programs." I was just trying to help, not sure why you're on the defense.

Wait, you cannot be serious? Read what you wrote first lmao. There was no "helping". And I wasn't being defensive, you're apparently a MD to be with a hard on for someone's MCAT score, so I was trying to give you what you wanted. Why do you know the percentage of students that get that score? Lmao. Go outside, get some sun.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.