Step 1 Qbanks in M1 (Traditional Curriculum)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greentealeaves

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to a school with a traditional curriculum. Are questions organized in Kaplan and USMLERx such that it's possible to start Qbanks simultaneously with classes? Any thoughts (especially from high scorers) are greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

You can limit the question topics to just cover normal anatomy/physiology/etc in Rx/Kaplan.

Reactions: 1 users
I just had a discussion with another poster in this thread:

MD - Is UFAPs a scam?

I am not familiar with any of the question banks except UWorld, which is an extremely valuable resource and which I would not recommend touching until you're ready to study for Step 1 (the other poster feels differently). From having browsed this forum in the past I gather that he was a high scorer. Other posters in that thread have offered opinions on the other question banks.

Reactions: 1 user
I just had a discussion with another poster in this thread:

MD - Is UFAPs a scam?

I am not familiar with any of the question banks except UWorld, which is an extremely valuable resource and which I would not recommend touching until you're ready to study for Step 1 (the other poster feels differently). From having browsed this forum in the past I gather that he was a high scorer. Other posters in that thread have offered opinions on the other question banks.
Thanks, that thread is helpful. Has anyone here actually done Kaplan / USMLERx alongside classes in a traditional curriculum in M1 year? Would love thoughts on whether it is helpful or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, that thread is helpful. Has anyone here actually done Kaplan / USMLERx alongside classes in a traditional curriculum in M1 year? Would love thoughts on whether it is helpful or not.
year 1 is soo limited in terms of the grand scheme of things that it is almost uselesss to do so. I did do them alongside year 2, but frankly it is quite enough work to stay ontop of school work, research, and board prep(anki). If you dont need to get 90%+ in each unit you can use them alongside easily. But the problem usualy arises when the pace of school becomes frenetic and content doesnt align.

year 1 is soo limited in terms of the grand scheme of things that it is almost uselesss to do so. I did do them alongside year 2, but frankly it is quite enough work to stay ontop of school work, research, and board prep(anki). If you dont need to get 90%+ in each unit you can use them alongside easily. But the problem usualy arises when the pace of school becomes frenetic and content doesnt align.
Do you mind elaborating on this please? What do you think is the best way to spend your time during M1 to get the highest step 1 score you can achieve?

Do you mind elaborating on this please? What do you think is the best way to spend your time during M1 to get the highest step 1 score you can achieve?
if you are an anki person, pound that space bar until your forearms burn.

It is too early to be preping for boards in M1.
Figure out how you learn the best, have your technique down.
Do well in class. Learn the material well the first time.
Do some research .
Relax.

Year two
use the information you learned about how you learn well to your advantage and at that point start going through board material.

Most people will either feel like they are constantly sinking, are in the middle of the pack no matter what they try, some people will be the people that thrive. No way of knowing which camp you will fall under.

Reactions: 1 users