Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Step 1 review questions relevant to a rising MS-2

Discussion in 'Step I' started by MattD, May 3, 2007.

1. MattD

MattD Curmudgeon

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey guys, this is mainly directed to those of you who've been through Step 1 already. I'm looking for a source of quality and directed review material to help review and cement the important topics from first year with regards to Step 1. Are there any qbanks or the like out there that are quality, realistic questions that would allow me to filter so that I wouldn't get 80% questions that I'm not prepared for having not been through second year yet? I took a look at USMLEworld but don't want to pay for a subscription unless I get feedback that it'll meet my needs. I do have First Aid and will be working through that and some of the BRS books as well. Thanks for the insight!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. njbmd

njbmd Guest
    Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    Moving to the USMLE Step I forum.

4. WhoisJohnGalt

WhoisJohnGalt NYC Psychiatrist
    Physician

Attending Physician
    First of all, I really don't think reviewing this summer is going to help you. Even if you spend all summer reviewing, you'll have August-May of being slammed with twice as much information as you ever learned first year, and you'll need to start all over with your review by May.

Having said that, USMLERx (by the First Aid people) does allow you to filter out particular disciplines, and might meet your desires as the questions (in my experience) have been very realistic vignette-oriented questions. It also directs you to the page in First Aid that refers to the concept being tested when you review your answers.

5. Medikit

Medikit Plastic Bag Middle Class
    Physician

Attending Physician
    Reading CMMRS helped me prepare for second year. BRS physio might help as well.

6. FrogE7

FrogE7 Senior Member

Medical Student
    what's CMMRS?

7. Medikit

Medikit Plastic Bag Middle Class
    Physician

Attending Physician
    Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple. It helped me out during second year and for the boards. Didn't take me that long to read either, that's important, Summer reading should be light and easy and CMMRS fits the bill. Questions a this point aren't really going to do a whole lot.

8. genX

Medical Student
    the kaplan Q book has subject based qs which can be done for subjects like anatomy and physio and immuno.

9. ginger60

Resident [Any Field]
    I completely agree. I only read CMMRS the summer before, read physio before each subject 2nd year, and started doing questions in the fall before my test, and although I'm not sure if any of that really helped me in my test (I couldn't remember what I had reviewed more than 2 months before) I don't regret doing that much and definitely don't regret not doing more.