USMLE STEP 1...Score Release HELP!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Impala1967

Reaction score
I understand that there have been delays this year in STEP 1 score releases.
My following questions are due to the fact that my school must have my scores back
before August 13th for my 3rd year to begin.

If I were to take STEP 1 on Sunday, July 15th, 2018, should I expect to receive my score
by the 4th Wednesday(August 8th, 2018)?

In other words, if you take STEP 1 on a Sunday, does the Wednesday of the coming week count as
the first Wednesday?

Members don't see this ad.

The delay in score is supposed to only affect the people taking it from May 7 to Early June. If you take it on July 15, you should expect it 3-4 weeks later.

"Most score reporting of Step 1 results occurs within four weeks of testing. However, because of necessary modifications to the test item pool, there will be a delay in reporting for some examinees who test beginning the week of May 7, 2018. The target date for reporting Step 1 scores for most examinees testing the week of May 7 through early June will be Wednesday, July 11, 2018. For examinees whose circumstances require that they receive Step 1 scores before July 11, 2018, it is recommended that they take Step 1 no later than May 4, 2018.

Although the transition will occur quickly at many test centers, there may be some locations where the changes take slightly longer to complete. The overall transition period will likely last approximately 6 weeks. Please note that scores on new and old exam forms will be comparable."