Step 1 Usmle Pass Rates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cooldreams

American Mensa Member :)
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please list info you know and provide a link proving it. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i believe kcom used to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please list info you know and provide a link proving it. Thanks

I could be wrong, but as I understand, DO students that take the USMLE don't have their USMLE scores reported to their schools automatically. Therefore, a DO school has no way of knowing how their students do on the USMLE unless the students report the scores voluntarily to the school.

The NBME has global data for all DO student takers, not broken down by school. But that doesn't really matter. If you'll do well, you'll do well regardless of which school you attend. I know it's easier to "blame" a school for your failure/success, but unfortunately that's not how real life works. You're in control.

There are numerous threads dealing with this issue (many of them quite *ahem* entertaining to read).

The latest data (2006) can be found here: http://www.usmle.org/scores/2006perf.htm

There's also data from previous years. As you can see, the data can be used to justify almost anything you want, and can be fodder for lively discussion. Enjoy.