LECOM Students please rate Mill Glen Apartments

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HELENIC_SCHOLAR

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm considering a lease at Mill Glen on Kunts Rd. Have any LECOM students had problems there in thye past?

Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Unless you are in desperate need of housing, DO NOT arrange it with Baldwin and Hawthorne on Kuntz road. They are scam artists who prey on naive students. I am currently stuck living in Mill Glen apartments across Granada. It is step up from Granada with "better" upholsteries; however, not by much, and with that compliment I'll begin my tirade.

So, I drove 6.5 hrs to Erie and wanted to change the term of the lease that I had not signed. The lady, Ann beth Baldwin, esq., seemed very nice on the phone, but when I got to their office their story changed. I have talked to them on the phone about changes to the lease, and they seemed to agree, but when I actually pulled up to their office she pulled a fast one. Baldwin pretty much told me "take the lease as I have typed it up, or leave your 480 dollar deposit." She told me that as a lawyer, the application that I have filled out and signed with the deposit is nonrefundable if I didn't sign the lease.

I should have got up and left the 480, but I desperately needed a place to stay b/c the school starts the next day. So, I signed my year away here in this dump.

Yes, I should have read the fine print on the 'binding application with deposit', and yes i should have move up to erie more than a day before. I admit my mistakes, but I feel like I got swindled to live in a place. Not a great way of doing business by Baldwin and Hawthorne Real Estate in the long term if you ask me.

So if you ask me, DO NOT LIVE IN MILL GLEN APARTMENT IN ERIE PA managed by Baldwin and Hawthorne.

Oh, I ran into a classmate from LECOM who was informed by a cop to move out of this neighborhood ASAP, which he did. smart kid.

I just signed a lease for Mill Glen. I find the rent to be very inexpensive relative to where I grew up. The location seems ideal, the buildings seem new enough and well kept. I look forward to living in Mill Glen. Did you have any problems besides the confusion with the lease?

Members don't see this ad :)
not terrible but not great.

I don't know why people have bad comments about this place but I LOVE it here. I've been living here for a year and I'm actually regreting to leave for rotations for my last year in a couple weeks. I spent my first year at Granada and it didn't even come close to what they have to offer here. Trust me, Granada is a mess when it comes to maintenance, cleanliness, and neighborhood safety.

At Millglen, believe it or not they have someone come and vacuum every weekend :thumbup:. The place is super clean and safe since most tenants are either LECOM students or retirees. So I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

The lady boss actually came to help me push the newly installed stove in since it was a little further out and got in the way of the dishwasher. I mean, you can't find a better landlord than that!

Does anyone know of any apartments near LECOM-Erie that is fully furnished or contains a small fitness center? Thanks!