Step 2 CK Date/Impact on Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whitecoatjimmy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've come across a few posts mentioning to be sure to have Step 2 CK scores available by Sept 1st. This was a bit surprising to me as most people at my school wait until later in the fall to take the exam. I'm applying to medicine, my step 1 is competitive (237/99), but I am not scheduled to take Step 2 until the end of October. Will not having a step 2 score on file yet negatively impact my ability to get interviews at the more competitive programs? Any opinions/insight would be appreciated! Thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

I've come across a few posts mentioning to be sure to have Step 2 CK scores available by Sept 1st. This was a bit surprising to me as most people at my school wait until later in the fall to take the exam. I'm applying to medicine, my step 1 is competitive (237/99), but I am not scheduled to take Step 2 until the end of October. Will not having a step 2 score on file yet negatively impact my ability to get interviews at the more competitive programs? Any opinions/insight would be appreciated! Thanks...

This advice is for IMG's. I am assuming you are a US grad. In that case, it doesn't matter.

This advice is for IMG's. I am assuming you are a US grad. In that case, it doesn't matter.

Does it matter to have Step 2ck by September if you are a US grad with a great Step 1 score, but are applying for a spot in Rad/Onc which is very competitive these days?