Step 2 CK preparation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bluesaurus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any advice for how to go about studying for this in a thorough manner?

About 1 month of study time.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have any advice for how to go about studying for this in a thorough manner?

I took 4 weeks off.

Made a study plan of 2-3 systems to go through per day. For each system I would read through First Aid for Step 2 and then do 25 UW questions on that system. I would review the answers and read any obviously weak areas in my Step Up to Medicine book or wikipedia.

I finished the systems within 2 weeks. Spent the other 2 weeks doing increasing number of blocks/day. Started with 4/day ended up doing 7/day as I got fewer wrong and reviewing answers went faster.

Worked pretty well for me. I still had time to cook for myself, hang out with friends a couple times, and work out.

I would recommend using DIT for step 2. There are a few reasons for this. One, I had no motivation what so ever to study for this test. 2, residencies are starting to care about step 2 scores, so it kinda matters. Especially if you are taking it early in the year. If you're taking it late in fourth year, just go through step up to step 2 and then use USMLEWorld.

If you want to kill it, UWorld and DIT would be my recommendation (DIT takes like 2-3 weeks depending on how fast you go through)

PM me if you want my stats on how I did on Step 1/2

Reactions: 1 user