Step 2 CK scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

K.E.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took step 2 CK July 27 whats the chance anyone gets score before Sept 14?!? The waiting is horrible

Members don't see this ad.

My permit dissapeared today , took it same time as OP. based on threads on SDN, maybe we'll get it this Wed?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So it take almost 2 months for one to get his/her CK score back. That is crazy!

I don't want to create another thread, but I would like to know how late can someone take CS so programs can get your (pass/fail) score before they submit their rank list... When do programs have to submit the rank list? January/February!

My permit dissapeared today , took it same time as OP. based on threads on SDN, maybe we'll get it this Wed?
Is this what you see on the NBME site?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    17.6 KB · Views: 275
Is this what you see on the NBME site?
When your past the eligibility period listed on the APPLY box it says "scheduling is not available" instead of "print permit". If you were still inside the eligibility period and the print permit disappeared it could mean scores will be released that Wednesday. This is most likely not the case.

The age of presentation is killing me with certain questions. I remember choosing a wrong answer choice of a question that showed an x-ray indicating that the pt had ankylosing spondylitis, however from my reading this condition usually happens in 20 year olds. the child was 7 so I got it wrong.

Another similar question about a child having a VCF due to chronic use of corticosteroid use, and child was 14 or so.

What really got under my skin was taking the CCSE recently through my school, and having a question about a 4mth old child with the s/s of meningitis asking which bug is it. There was a picture attached to the question showing diplococci. I came down to Listeria and S.Pneumo, and chose the former. Is it a trend to see that picture questions at times go against the grain of what we've been taught for the pathophysiology of diseases?

Members don't see this ad :)
The age of presentation is killing me with certain questions. I remember choosing a wrong answer choice of a question that showed an x-ray indicating that the pt had ankylosing spondylitis, however from my reading this condition usually happens in 20 year olds. the child was 7 so I got it wrong.

Another similar question about a child having a VCF due to chronic use of corticosteroid use, and child was 14 or so.

What really got under my skin was taking the CCSE recently through my school, and having a question about a 4mth old child with the s/s of meningitis asking which bug is it. There was a picture attached to the question showing diplococci. I came down to Listeria and S.Pneumo, and chose the former. Is it a trend to see that picture questions at times go against the grain of what we've been taught for the pathophysiology of diseases?

I never gave Age/sex/race much attention during my Ck prep as it has nothing to do with the pathophysiology of a disease and more to do with statistics , Age/Sex/race might of been helpful for step1 since most of pathology is presented in the most classical way. On step 2 they are not , step 2 is big on Atypical presentations. On ck it's not uncommon for a male to present with breast cancer, SLE etc...

When I took mine a little over a year ago, I took like on June 20, and I didn't get it back until the end of August. 2 months is pretty standard. :(

Permit disappeared. Test date: July 29th. Eligibility period: 04/01/2016 - 09/30/2016. Don't want my score back :'(

Permit disappeared. Test date: July 29th. Eligibility period: 04/01/2016 - 09/30/2016. Don't want my score back :'(

I don't know if that necessarily means you will get your score back this week. I sat for the exam Sept 2, and my permit's gone--my eligibility period ends 9/30/16 too. I doubt I'm getting my score back this week.

My permit disappeared too and I'm also still within the eligibility period (Sept 30). I took my exam in mid-August. Feeling this Wednesday will be the day, according to one of their prior announcements http://www.usmle.org/announcements/?ContentId=182. Exam was tough so I'm pretty nervous.

Same here. Gah. Just hope I do better than Step 1. Probably won't be able to sleep next few nights

So anyone who took their exam on 8/27/16, I can tell you scores aren't coming today (just got off the phone with a USMLE rep- she wouldn't let me know the exact date that counted as "late august" lol) - the struggle is real

So anyone who took their exam on 8/27/16, I can tell you scores aren't coming today (just got off the phone with a USMLE rep- she wouldn't let me know the exact date that counted as "late august" lol) - the struggle is real
I just got my score report, took it on august 25th.