step 2 CS and 2009 match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maganda

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, i'm an IMG living in MD...wanted to know what is the deadline for taking the step2 CS in order to get into 2009 match? I got my date for CS in the first week of November....can i still be able to apply residency earlier ( like in sept. or actober)? cuz i heard that a lot of people start their applications early in september....can i start my residency application with my step1 and 2 results or do i have to need my cs result as well?.... and how long does it really take for the cs result to come? please reply...:confused:

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

For the 2008 Match it was Dec. 31st. Try checking on the usmle website to get the actual date. You should be ok for the match if you're taking it in Nov.

hi, i'm an IMG living in MD...wanted to know what is the deadline for taking the step2 CS in order to get into 2009 match? I got my date for CS in the first week of November....can i still be able to apply residency earlier ( like in sept. or actober)? cuz i heard that a lot of people start their applications early in september....can i start my residency application with my step1 and 2 results or do i have to need my cs result as well?.... and how long does it really take for the cs result to come? please reply...:confused:

thanks

The timeline for reporting is posted on the usmle.org site:
http://www.usmle.org/Examinations/step2/step2cs_reporting.html

You'll have to look at individual programs for deadlines. You'll definitely need it for ECFMG certification, which means passing CS and having the results to the ECFMG by rank order list deadline.

Can you give an idea about approximate months when the rank order deadline falls?

Thx