step 2 cs in early october

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peeshee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
has anyone gotten their scores from step 2 cs taken in early october? I know we were told 8-12 weeks but I thought maybe it could be earlier....
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Well,mine was Oct.11th in Philadelphia and I still haven't rec'd anything. Maybe in another week or so then. I was wondering if the scores are taking longer if you tested in Philadelphia.

Members don't see this ad :)
Took mine in Chicago on September 28th, got the scores November 7.

Best of luck.

spang

bumping this to see if any october folks have results. took mine on 10/20, nothin yet. gettin stressed!

Nothing yet...it's been just over 9 weeks for me now!!

what really pisses me off is how this 12 weeks can completely screw you on the off chance you fail.

if i fail, i would have to find out NOW, in order to get a spot to take the exam in march. then, i would get my results in may-june, which leaves me no time to get my ecfmg cert, and could absolutely screw me over for residency.

this exam's administration is a fiasco. i can see why they want us to take the stupid thing, and i agree with the theory. but, they need to improve the administration of the exam as it is currently pretty risky to a lot of careers.

to anybody who does get screwed simply due to the timing, i would really encourage you to contact a lawyer. the last minute changes and notification of the delay in results can have very costly consequences, and we should have had a LOT more notice than we did.

I agree they should give scores much sooner than 12 weeks. My school requires CS for graduation. A lot of my classmates are taking CS in Jan/Feb/March. If they failed, they would not have enough time to take the exam again and get the result back for residency.

Perhaps they just do not fail USMG in spring?? hmm....

Definitely...I agree,too. Maybe I could understand 12 weeks of waiting if the exam were FREE (or at least cheaper), but since we've paid 1200 dollars (plus hotel,etc.!), we should at least be able to get our scores sooner!!!! Where does all that money go anyway.....to the actors??????

for those of you who have received step2cs results already, how much room is there for error? How perfect does your performance have to be on every case in order to pass?

neilc said:
what really pisses me off is how this 12 weeks can completely screw you on the off chance you fail.

if i fail, i would have to find out NOW, in order to get a spot to take the exam in march. then, i would get my results in may-june, which leaves me no time to get my ecfmg cert, and could absolutely screw me over for residency.

this exam's administration is a fiasco. i can see why they want us to take the stupid thing, and i agree with the theory. but, they need to improve the administration of the exam as it is currently pretty risky to a lot of careers.

to anybody who does get screwed simply due to the timing, i would really encourage you to contact a lawyer. the last minute changes and notification of the delay in results can have very costly consequences, and we should have had a LOT more notice than we did.

My question for you NEILC, is as an FMG, don't we need to have passed the CS in order to rank and match? I thought an ECFMG certificate is necessary to rank? Please advise, thanks!

dr. neek said:
My question for you NEILC, is as an FMG, don't we need to have passed the CS in order to rank and match? I thought an ECFMG certificate is necessary to rank? Please advise, thanks!

you don't need ECFMG cert to rank and match, but you do need to pass all the steps (1, 2CS and 2CK) in order to rank and match. any IMG who took the exam after september and fails is screwed, unless they got a position outside of the match.

Members don't see this ad :)
neilc said:

now we're on the same page neilc? after all that arguing! :p

Poety said:
now we're on the same page neilc? after all that arguing! :p

hahha! i was thinking the same thing when i posted it, in fact i was wondering when you would say something!
:oops:

what really gets me is that they just got so bad so fast. this year seems so much worse than last, in terms of administration. not enough dates, these crazy delays, the fact that they change things pretty late with potentially damaging results to a lot of us. the poor US grads that need it to graduate are getting screwed, us IMG's who need it to be ranked are getting screwed.

i am still behind the idea of the exam, but they really need to get the administration issues solved before they make it a graduation or ranking requirement.

the bastards. what did they do with the $1200 i sent them? how on earth can it take 12 weeks to grade a test? why are they getting WORSE at the test administration? i could understand if these problems were here last year, and they solved them. it seems like they were able to create system problems as the test was implemented, when they should have been resolving them.

oh well. when i get my results, i am hoping it won't be my problem anymore.

neilc said:
hahha! i was thinking the same thing when i posted it, in fact i was wondering when you would say something!
:oops:

what really gets me is that they just got so bad so fast. this year seems so much worse than last, in terms of administration. not enough dates, these crazy delays, the fact that they change things pretty late with potentially damaging results to a lot of us. the poor US grads that need it to graduate are getting screwed, us IMG's who need it to be ranked are getting screwed.

i am still behind the idea of the exam, but they really need to get the administration issues solved before they make it a graduation or ranking requirement.

the bastards. what did they do with the $1200 i sent them? how on earth can it take 12 weeks to grade a test? why are they getting WORSE at the test administration? i could understand if these problems were here last year, and they solved them. it seems like they were able to create system problems as the test was implemented, when they should have been resolving them.

oh well. when i get my results, i am hoping it won't be my problem anymore.

Im in the same screwy boat as you all....i took the CS on Oct. 10 and i got stuck in this recalibration period crap...its now week 11 and still no score! if i failed, i have no way of getting another date and getting my results in time for the match...G-d damn the NBME, and their $1200 piece of **** test! :mad:

still waiting for results? then send them a pissed off email. it is ridiculous for us to just sit quietly. send an email demanding timely results!

neilc said:
still waiting for results? then send them a pissed off email. it is ridiculous for us to just sit quietly. send an email demanding timely results!

I wrote them an email...they sent me back some prefabricated reply of "we told you in August that we would be doing this, blah blah blah" meanwhile they didn't. So this bull**** keeps piling on. and another week passed where I haven't yet received my score. Guess I'll have to wait till next Wed. to see if it was released. THEY SUCK!

It's been over 10 weeks now!!

They did say up to 12 weeks, so at least they should live up to that promise!!! (i hope!)

dr. neek said:
I wrote them an email...they sent me back some prefabricated reply of "we told you in August that we would be doing this, blah blah blah" meanwhile they didn't. So this bull**** keeps piling on. and another week passed where I haven't yet received my score. Guess I'll have to wait till next Wed. to see if it was released. THEY SUCK!

yeah, they told us in august. that gave us zero chance to avoid it, as in august you could pretty much only get dates in october or later. they should have made a statement to give you at least 3 months notice, so you could schedule earlier and avoid it. i had two chances in my schedule, august and october. had i know about the delay, i would certainly have scheduled earlier.

i am pretty heated about this.

neilc said:
yeah, they told us in august. that gave us zero chance to avoid it, as in august you could pretty much only get dates in october or later. they should have made a statement to give you at least 3 months notice, so you could schedule earlier and avoid it. i had two chances in my schedule, august and october. had i know about the delay, i would certainly have scheduled earlier.

i am pretty heated about this.

I'm in the same boat...took the test Oct. 31st, and nothing yet! I keep checking the NBME site to see if they've even graded it yet, but nope. Ridiculous, I say. What a huge waste of time, energy and money.

did anyone get their scores released today? took CS in mid oct and still no score yet.

CalBear said:
did anyone get their scores released today? took CS in mid oct and still no score yet.

No, it's been 11 weeks now...maybe it'll update tonight....I'll let you guys know if it does...

Peeshee said:
no update last night

Where do you check this? Are you clicking on "exam status" on the nbme website?

I took it the first week in Nov, so I think I have a long way to go...

locitamd said:

Yeah, you can check it under exam status on nbme
or on Oasis for ECFMG.

It'll be 12 weeks this week. I just re read the statement they made, and it says "12 weeks OR MORE!!!!!" But they say we'll have our scores in time for the match.....
oh, well!

locitamd said:

Took it the last week of October, so we're practically in the same boat. :( Gosh, I hate waiting! :mad:

Same thing for me -- took the test in the later 1/3 of October, and now beginning week 11 of waiting. This sucks lots!!! I keep remembering more and more things that I did wrong and convincing myself that I am going to bomb it!

They put up ranges for score periods for people starting taking the test in Jan 2006 on the nbme website, but there are no such ranges for those of us who have taken the test already! Has anyone called to see when they think they will release our scores? I bet that they are holding a large bunch of them because of the recalibration and will release them together...

Kudos to whomever figures this out. :thumbup:

Peeshee said:
Yeah, you can check it under exam status on nbme
or on Oasis for ECFMG.
Thanks Peeshee.

- yeah, now I get to stress over both CS and CK scores. argh...

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Why does it take so long to get the scores?? Our SPs evaluate us right away after each encounter and it should not take too long for "real physicians" to read our notes (I mean, the only important parts of Notes are DDX and Investigations).

TaiShan said:
Why does it take so long to get the scores?? Our SPs evaluate us right away after each encounter and it should not take too long for "real physicians" to read our notes (I mean, the only important parts of Notes are DDX and Investigations).

the reason they are giving is that they need to calibrate the exam. that is why the current delay is at 12 weeks.

i am encouraging everybody to send NBME an email with your thoughts on the delay. i have had some decent feedback. my main issues are the fact that they gave us little warning in advance so we could avoid the delay, and i have concern with why they needed a delay. i mean, if they are calibrating then all they need are copies of the test material from a certain time frame, and then they could review it later. they should still be able to grade it seperately. unless they are changing the grading criteria and applying it to this batch of students, which i doubt, as that would be completely unfair.

i am convinced that is was poorly planned. to prevent this from happening to others we need to express our concerns in no uncertain terms. send the email, do your part.

neilc said:
the reason they are giving is that they need to calibrate the exam. that is why the current delay is at 12 weeks.

i am encouraging everybody to send NBME an email with your thoughts on the delay. i have had some decent feedback. my main issues are the fact that they gave us little warning in advance so we could avoid the delay, and i have concern with why they needed a delay. i mean, if they are calibrating then all they need are copies of the test material from a certain time frame, and then they could review it later. they should still be able to grade it seperately. unless they are changing the grading criteria and applying it to this batch of students, which i doubt, as that would be completely unfair.

i am convinced that is was poorly planned. to prevent this from happening to others we need to express our concerns in no uncertain terms. send the email, do your part.

I called and told hem this, but all they did was quote for me that stupid ECFMG Reporter thing that states how they warned us in August. I for one never received such an email, and even if I had, August was too late to reschedule for an earlier date, as there was nothing available. Personally, I am screwed if I failed because I am an FMG and they didnt allot me enough time to register and pass if if need be. I then will not be able to get my stupid ECFMG certificate, and then I will not be allowed to rank.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone else have advice or concerns similar to mine?

Do share!

Thanks.

this marks week 11 for me. just checked the nbme website, no score update. surprise, surprise.

my friend took the cs in houston on 7 or 8th of oct no results yet as odf today
he is dying slowly.......
this sucks :rolleyes:

buddindoc said:
my friend took the cs in houston on 7 or 8th of oct no results yet as odf today
he is dying slowly.......
this sucks :rolleyes:

i took cs the last week of oct and my scores came out today. good luck to everyone

Took mine Oct 18 in LA, scores released today per the NBME website.

Tree said:
Took mine Oct 18 in LA, scores released today per the NBME website.
Took mine Oct. 31st, was notified by my school today that I passed. Woohooo!!!! :D I had checked online this morning and scores were not released, just checked again and they're out. Good luck, everyone!

also had to call student affairs today to get the good news. Phew.

Congrats everyone!

Took mine Nov.17 in Atlanta- got results today. thank the exam Gods its over ! can i have a drink

sakullukas said:
Took mine Nov.17 in Atlanta- got results today. thank the exam Gods its over ! can i have a drink

hey brother man! passed, thank god...that was it, the last requirement! i am officially ALL DONE with my undergraduate medical education, and can start my freakin residency....you too, eh lucky lucaso...well, done! gratuluju, ty vole. na zdravi!

btw, coming to visit praha in may with some of the other boys! be ready to see us, novy otec.

neilc said:
hey brother man! passed, thank god...that was it, the last requirement! i am officially ALL DONE with my undergraduate medical education, and can start my freakin residency....you too, eh lucky lucaso...well, done! gratuluju, ty vole. na zdravi!

btw, coming to visit praha in may with some of the other boys! be ready to see us, novy otec.

congrats! i checked on the ecfmg website--I passed too, thank G-d!!!

sakullukas said:

Took mine Nov. 8 in Atlanta and my scores were reported yesterday also. They must be be grading these things in batches. I passed, so the nightmare of subjective scoring is over!!!

Yeah,my scores were released on Jan.11th, and I did the oasis trick to find out I passed!
For reference, it took 13 weeks to get my score!!!!!

Took mine Oct 29. Scores released on Jan 11...still no mail. :( My school won't release my score to me because they suck. Now I'll have to wait till Tuesday and see if maybe I passed. This waiting is pi$$ing me off. :mad:

CANES2006 said:
Took mine Oct 29. Scores released on Jan 11...still no mail. :( My school won't release my score to me because they suck. Now I'll have to wait till Tuesday and see if maybe I passed. This waiting is pi$$ing me off. :mad:

You can try to re register since your scores have already been released and if you passed, it will say something that you have already passed the step 2 CS, etc.....
I haven't gotten my score in the mail yet either.