Step II step 2 cs in early october

Started by Peeshee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Peeshee

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
has anyone gotten their scores from step 2 cs taken in early october? I know we were told 8-12 weeks but I thought maybe it could be earlier....
thanks!
 
Peeshee said:
You can try to re register since your scores have already been released and if you passed, it will say something that you have already passed the step 2 CS, etc.....
I haven't gotten my score in the mail yet either.

If you're referring to the nbme website, this does NOT always work. I was able to apply for CS again....I was freaking out, until I realized I was also able to reapply for Step 1, which I passed 2 years ago. Besides, the next day I got my results in the mail saying I passed. So, no one else freak out about being able to reapply!
 
labangel said:
Besides, the next day I got my results in the mail saying I passed. So, no one else freak out about being able to reapply!
Got my official score in the mail today. I can't believe that for a $1500 test (once you add in travel costs, etc.) the only feedback that you get is a "PASS" on each section. I'm still bitter about this whole exam, if you can't tell! 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't have the paperwork in hand from a mid October test date. But the scores have been reported, which means that they are in the mail. If your score has been reported, expect your results in the mail within a week. If it has not been reported, gotta wait some more.
 
pruritis_ani said:
I don't have the paperwork in hand from a mid October test date. But the scores have been reported, which means that they are in the mail. If your score has been reported, expect your results in the mail within a week. If it has not been reported, gotta wait some more.
Thanks, but I'm worried, because my scores haven't been reported!
 
neilc said:
i can see why they want us to take the stupid thing, and i agree with the theory.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic towards you, but really, do you see a point in this exam for US grads? Please elaborate. Please, help me feel better about throwing $1000 into the toilet.

-PB
 
PickyBicky said:
I'm not trying to be antagonistic towards you, but really, do you see a point in this exam for US grads? Please elaborate. Please, help me feel better about throwing $1000 into the toilet.

-PB

It's an incredibly expensive and inefficient way to "weed out" that 1 student in 100 (or 200 or 300) who somehow managed to get through three years of med school while remaining a complete *****. It does this not only at a ridiculous financial cost, but also at the expense of 2 or 3 students in 100 who aren't complete *****s but who didn't grasp the procedural expectations of the test, or who didn't "look right" to the SPs, or who just were having an off day. The fail rate being greater than 1% or so, in my opinion, is evidence of an unacceptably high rate of false positives. Hardly anybody should legitimately fail it.
 
tridoc13 said:
Got my official score in the mail today. I can't believe that for a $1500 test (once you add in travel costs, etc.) the only feedback that you get is a "PASS" on each section. I'm still bitter about this whole exam, if you can't tell! 😉

Frankly, I didn't care about my exact breakdown (I mean, it isn't like I would give it any credence anyway), I was just happy to pass. But I feel for the people who fail and apparently still get virtually nothing in the way of feedback... just an indication of what section they failed. I'm sure that's extremely helpful in preparing to retake.
 
Finally, my score was reported and if the trick works, I've passed as it won't let me re-register.

Fourteen weeks was a long time to wait.
 
Got my result back after only FIVE weeks. Perhaps they are picking up their speed right now. Now I can officially stop learning in medical school.