Step 2 CS very worry if will fail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

+250

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

Post edited. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Nature_Beach_Relax_034690_.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Hello guys,

I want your opinion whether I will pass or fail CS exam!

Case 1: I was freaking out, missed some questions that relevant to the system. Missed the first Dx even though I knew it at the first break, it was really easy but had complete mental blocking as I'm writing the Pt note. Also didn't have tine to listen to lungs or heart even thought it was irrelevant to the system.

In one of the cases I completely forgot to write the Work Up in the pt note.

In all cases didn't auscultate heart or lungs if CC isn't related.

Didn't obtain detailed or any Ob/Gyn Hx in Females that their CC not related to Ob/Gyn.

Didn't ask about Pt diet or exercise if he has H/O of DM or HTN (even though it was a related to CC in one case).

In another case asked everything related to CC but Pt was giving bunch of negatives and only very few positives that even can't support very well the 1 st DD that I listed.

In one case I shined light to Pt eyes to do swinging test for pupils but didn't tell the Pt to take off his glasses.

In 2 or 3 cases I answered Pts in the conservative way "I need to run some test in order to know your diagnosis and then I can tell whether you can do XXX or YYY/ or when you can go back to practicing XXX" even though I felt Pts wanted more definitive answer cause they repeated the question in other way.

Shake hands in 2 ER cases because Pt wasn't in acute distress.

I don't have very well feeling about the supporting that I put in DD ( in most cases nothing to put in physical findings line).

in one patient forgot to ask about FH but didn't think it will be a big changer cause already had 2 dd in my mind from the story with good supporting.

First paragraph in all Pt notes wasn't separated line by line (I wrote HPI: xxxxxxxxxxxxx. PMH: yyyyyyy) didn't write it like this (HPI: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PMH: yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy).

If pt PMH or PSH or FH wasn't related to CC I wrote "noncontributory" instead of writing in details.

In all cases forgot to ask question from here and question from there.
In general I always knocked the door, smiled, shake hands, introduced my self well, draped the pt, washed hands, counseled pt about smoking, summarized, gave impression about DD and work up, gave advise, asked if pt has questions, answered questions in conservative way, answered if he/she has other questions, answered the new question, re-asked if there is other question, said it was nice to meet u. never run out of time or forgot to do any of post physical exam necessaries.

Never forgot to do special maneuvers related to the CC.

What do you think, please I need your feedback. I'm getting flashbacks about this exam :(
1) You already took this exam. It's done and over. Nothing you can do about it now.

2) You will get your score in due time.

3) Until #2 arrives, you can either worry or not worry.

4) If you've passed, then there was no need to worry.

5) If you've failed, then there's no use worrying now because worrying about it now didn't change the outcome.

6) If you've failed, then you simply have to figure out what you did wrong, fix it, and prepare to take Step 2 CS again.

7) Whatever the case, worrying about it can't help you. So, why worry? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
1) You already took this exam. It's done and over. Nothing you can do about it now.

2) You will get your score in due time.

3) Until #2 arrives, you can either worry or not worry. Either way the outcome will not be effected. You've either passed or failed.

4) If you've passed, then there was no need to worry.

5) If you've failed, then there's no use worrying now because worrying about it now didn't change the outcome.

6) If you've failed, then you simply have to figure out what you did wrong, fix it, and prepare to take Step 2 CS again.

7) Whatever the case, worrying about it can't help you. So, why worry? :)

This summarize the conflict between the logic and the feelings :)

Members don't see this ad :)
This summarize the conflict between the logic and the feelings :)
Maybe a picture will help a bit more? :)

nLpM6v6.jpg

As for feelings, I think of it this way: Facts first, feelings follow. As long as we accept the facts, then our feelings will eventually catch up, even though they haven't yet caught up.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe a picture will help a bit more? :)

nLpM6v6.jpg

As for feelings, I think of it this way: Facts first, feelings follow. As long as we accept the facts, then our feelings will eventually catch up, even though they haven't yet caught up.
Good one, hopefully it will always pop-up in my mind till I get the result

I recently took step 2 cs earlier this month. The anxiety is unnerving. I realized i completely forgot to do a cerebellar exam where warranted and probably missed the diagnosis for that whole case fully. I also never turned the patient to check their PMI to their lateral debubitus position. I am a AMG and failing this test would be fairly sad. How much leway is there before you fail the exam and have to retake?