Step II Step 2 Kaplan videos and lecture notes (Worth Doing v Not Worth It)

Started by TheSeanieB
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Conrad Fischer Lectures for IM but to be honest he literally hits every point in MTB 2/3 (though it is good hearing it then reading it.)
The Ob/Gyn guy was great.
Surgery lectures are straight from the LN but he goes over all the vignettes so it was well worth it.

I watched 1-2 lectures of all the other subjects and the lecturers were pretty bad in my opinion. I used my Step 1 Kaplan lectures for the Biostats part. Daughtery is amazing, a bit too good, too bad Kaplan lost him to Falcon.

Being at the tail end of my Step 2 Prep I would say the only part of Kaplan that has actually helped me consistently get right answers is Pestana with Surgery and Daughtery with Biostats/Psych. The rest are not needed and is in MTB/UWORLD.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Conrad Fischer Lectures for IM but to be honest he literally hits every point in MTB 2/3 (though it is good hearing it then reading it.)
The Ob/Gyn guy was great.
Surgery lectures are straight from the LN but he goes over all the vignettes so it was well worth it.

I watched 1-2 lectures of all the other subjects and the lecturers were pretty bad in my opinion. I used my Step 1 Kaplan lectures for the Biostats part. Daughtery is amazing, a bit too good, too bad Kaplan lost him to Falcon.

Being at the tail end of my Step 2 Prep I would say the only part of Kaplan that has actually helped me consistently get right answers is Pestana with Surgery and Daughtery with Biostats/Psych. The rest are not needed and is in MTB/UWORLD.

So you're basically saying that the High Yield course is just as worth it as the full course, considering that the test is basically IM and MTB2/3 covers those topics adequately?