step 2 really same as step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheCat

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that step 2 is pretty much exactly the same as step 1 plus/minus a few strict bchem questions- Seriously I am studying for step 2 now and have beent his whole 3rd year and I have found my FAstep 1 book still great for everything on step 2-I guess I will say this-step 2 has a LOT more -how to diagnosis and treat-but as far as the question stems and the diseases-they are the same-you just have to know how to diagnosis them and treat them-but even step one had quite a bit of treatment-i dont know I think it is a pretty similar test

Members don't see this ad.

I memorized step 1 first aid and that worked real well for me. Do you think I should use FA step 2 or just review FA step 1 since I already know it for step 2?

I'm sorry, but I disagree. Step 2 is a different test. The questions have shifted from pathophysiology to differential diagnosis and treatment. Although it assumes that you have a solid knowledge of pathophysiology (which you should if you've passed Step 1), but it doesn't really test for these things explicity. That being said, if your knowledge of pathophysiology of weak, you'll have a tough time differentiating between diagnoses that present in with similar signs and symptoms.