Step 2 score by February, is that too late?

hye21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2008
  1. Medical Student
    Hello, thank your for your help on this matter. Essentially, is a step 2 ck score by early Feburary too late to make a difference for ranking, I understand each case is different , but when do those programs that rank late, actually rank there candidates? I have a low step 1 (205) and will be testing in Mid- Jan, I have 10 interviews from 17, should I be worried? Thank you

LovelyBRass

Eternal Internal
    10+ Year Member
    May 30, 2008
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      I don't know the answer but does it really make a difference at this point? You probably can't move it up too much anyway. Ordinarily it seems you need Step 2 to help a "low" Step 1 (your word, not mine!), but obviously with 10 interviews it hasn't hurt you.

disorder

isrdero
      10+ Year Member
      Apr 5, 2008
      1. Attending Physician
        to be honest, i think you should've had your step 2 score before apps were sent out. but, this is also a gamble because you would've wanted to have improved upon your step 1 score significantly.

will this affect your match? not likely.... but i think programs do like to see a score by the time they rank you.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.