Step 2 score by February, is that too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hye21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, thank your for your help on this matter. Essentially, is a step 2 ck score by early Feburary too late to make a difference for ranking, I understand each case is different , but when do those programs that rank late, actually rank there candidates? I have a low step 1 (205) and will be testing in Mid- Jan, I have 10 interviews from 17, should I be worried? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know the answer but does it really make a difference at this point? You probably can't move it up too much anyway. Ordinarily it seems you need Step 2 to help a "low" Step 1 (your word, not mine!), but obviously with 10 interviews it hasn't hurt you.

to be honest, i think you should've had your step 2 score before apps were sent out. but, this is also a gamble because you would've wanted to have improved upon your step 1 score significantly.

will this affect your match? not likely.... but i think programs do like to see a score by the time they rank you.