Step 2 score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pewl

The Dude Abides
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard that you can choose not to release your step 2 score immediately after you take it. If you do this, will residency programs be able to see that you took step 2 and chose not to release it? Or, will they not know you've taken it at all?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You have to put when you plan on taking Step II on your your ERAS. Based on this information, residency programs will know when you plan on taking it. This can change of course (for instance, I ended delaying my Step II by several months).

Some programs may ask you about it, but most will probably not care.

You have to put when you plan on taking Step II on your your ERAS. Based on this information, residency programs will know when you plan on taking it. This can change of course (for instance, I ended delaying my Step II by several months).

Some programs may ask you about it, but most will probably not care.

I guess my question is, can you take Step 2 early like around July or August, and just not release the score until after interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes you can do that. Some interviewers may ask, but most won't care.

Out of curiosity, what would you say to an interviewer about that?
I can just picture the scenario:

Interviewer: I see you took step 2 last month. Did you get your score back?
Me: ... yes.
Interviewer: Can we see your score?
Me: ...... no.....

and lastly, can you choose to then release the score whenever you want? Like log onto the internet and release your score? (kinda like with the mcat?)

Thanks for your responses, Gfunk.

...and lastly, can you choose to then release the score whenever you want? Like log onto the internet and release your score? (kinda like with the mcat?)

Um, I actually never did release them at all. Was I supposed to? I'm guessing the program I matched to would get in touch if they needed proof I passed it at this point.

Out of curiosity, what would you say to an interviewer about that?

You have two options:

1. Lie (not recommended)
2. Tell the truth

can you choose to then release the score whenever you want? Like log onto the internet and release your score? (kinda like with the mcat?)

Not sure, but I think the answer is yes.

yeah, you can release whenever you want. just log into myeras and thats that.

Pewl: you are really ahead of the game here man...maybe too far. class of 2010? dont you have step one to worry about man?

yeah, you can release whenever you want. just log into myeras and thats that.

Pewl: you are really ahead of the game here man...maybe too far. class of 2010? dont you have step one to worry about man?

Yeah, I'm getting way ahead of myself. I'm studying like 12 hours a day for Step 1, currently. I just hope I can get this stuff to stick in my head long enough to take text. Thanks for your help about the Step 2 inquiries. =P