BMJ Release COVID Vaccine info now

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chartreuse Wombat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Discuss

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• BMJ Editorial January 2022.pdf
    464.5 KB · Views: 159
I understand the principle that data should be available. On the other hand, I am concerned that these "outcries" will only be fuel for anti-vaxxers campaigns.

You recall that the AstraZeneca vaccine was discontinued in many countries for certain age groups because of the risk of thrombosis, especially in young women. Some countries kept on vaccinating with AZ, others stopped vaccinating everyone for weeks before resuming. I wonder how many people died due to COVID as a) a direct consequence of their vaccination being delayed when countries stopped vaccinating with AZ everyone (remember that back then mRNA-vaccines were not available in ample quantities) and b) as an indirect consequence, beind scared of getting the shot after witnessing the vaccination campaign being stopped in a rather troublesome way (some countries stopped before others, some asked from the ones that wanted to get AZ to sign an extra form, some kept on vaccinating, etc).

I am all for transparency, but in times like these with all the fake news out there and the polarization of the society when it comes to vaccines, you need to think twice before raising your voice. It is an undeniable fact, in my humble opinion, that the vaccines have saved millions of lives (especially among the elderly) and their swift availability was one of the greatest achievements of the past decades.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
From article:

Big pharma is the least trusted industry. At least three of the many companies making covid-19 vaccines have past criminal and civil settlements costing them billions of dollars. One pleaded guilty to fraud. Other companies have no pre-covid track record. Now the covid pandemic has minted many new pharma billionaires, and vaccine manufacturers have reported tens of billions in revenue.

Listening to my Spotify today, "get vaccinated" is nearly every other ad.

Now it seems Big Pharma is, at least sort of indirectly, very trusted?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
From article:

Big pharma is the least trusted industry. At least three of the many companies making covid-19 vaccines have past criminal and civil settlements costing them billions of dollars. One pleaded guilty to fraud. Other companies have no pre-covid track record. Now the covid pandemic has minted many new pharma billionaires, and vaccine manufacturers have reported tens of billions in revenue.

Listening to my Spotify today, "get vaccinated" is nearly every other ad.

Now it seems Big Pharma is, at least sort of indirectly, very trusted?
Two observations-
1) 30% remain unvaccinated
2) If so trusted why the need for adverts?

Years from now hopefully someone will write the story up. If the companies have been given immunity why are they hiding the info?

The response to "misinformation" is MORE information of the reliable kind.

Reactions: 1 users
Two observations-
1) 30% remain unvaccinated
2) If so trusted why the need for adverts?

Years from now hopefully someone will write the story up. If the companies have been given immunity why are they hiding the info?

The response to "misinformation" is MORE information of the reliable kind.
Direct to consumer advertising is something very unique in this country. Iirc, many other developed nations actually have banned the practice when it comes to big pharma.

Can't recall how many times I've heard an ibrance commercial

Edit:. US and NZ the only countries that allow it

Reactions: 1 user