Step 2CK help please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OBJen

MSIV
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone--Just got a 204 on NBME2, the same score I got on NBME1 a few weeks ago and I'm scheduled to take my test next Friday!! I'm ok with around a 215 (similar to my step 1 and I'm going into ob-gyn) but my confidence has been shaken a little bit so I don't even know if I can get that. My cumulative USMLE world is 60%--pretty consistent with 54-70% range--mostly in the high 50's, low 60's. I was planning to just hit secrets and usmleworld hard these last few days and go do my best but the stupid NBME has me worried.
What do you think--go for it or no??

Members don't see this ad.

HI objen,
i saw your post and HAD to reply. i am studying for the exam too, and about a week ago, the nbme predicted I get a 192!! and what is even more worrisome is that i got a 99 on step 1, so how would that look in my file! i'm studying hard core now, but i'm too scared to take another nbme for fear it will shatter my confidence. from what i've heard is that the nbme does not have a straightforward correlation to the real exam scores like it did for step1 (it predicted my step 1 perfectly). are there any veterans out there with some advice. i'm still having palpitations about my low score!

Hi foodcoma,
I completely understand your worry!! They predicted my step 1 score accurately as well which is what got me so worried. Hopefully we will get some responses. Good luck and congrats on such an amazing step 1.

Hey everyone--Just got a 204 on NBME2, the same score I got on NBME1 a few weeks ago and I'm scheduled to take my test next Friday!! I'm ok with around a 215 (similar to my step 1 and I'm going into ob-gyn) but my confidence has been shaken a little bit so I don't even know if I can get that. My cumulative USMLE world is 60%--pretty consistent with 54-70% range--mostly in the high 50's, low 60's. I was planning to just hit secrets and usmleworld hard these last few days and go do my best but the stupid NBME has me worried.

I got a predicted 220 on NBME 1 and a predicted 205 on NBME 2, 55% UW (2000 q's), and I got a 230 on the real thing.

Keep your wits about you, you'll be fine.

Best of luck.

Members don't see this ad :)

Many recieve lower scores on NBME 2, check out older threads. This actually helped me as it scared me to study as well as identify weak areas. 7 days before step 2, NBME 1: 222, 5 days before, NBME 2: 220, 3 days before, NBME 3: 247; Step 2: 241. Really scrutinize the chart at the end to focus your study. You're doing fine, as long as you study and don't freak out too much.

sscooterguy

Sophiejane and sscooterguy--thank you so much for your quick replies. My anxiety level is much better and I'm just focusing on studying my weaknesses and getting this thing done! Congrats to both of you on fantastic scores.

Took NBME 1 5 days before the real deal, predicted score of 215. Finished most of USMLWworld with overall average of 56%. Actual score on Step 2 was 230. With a cumulative of 60% on UW you should be golden. Good luck.

I took the NBME four days before the actual test date, got a 218. I got a 259 on the actual test, so like others on this thread, I really think the NBME really underestimates your actual score. I used it to identify my trouble spots mostly and hit those hard in the last few days, it worked well for me.

Thanks everyone---taking the beast tomorrow...wish me lots of endurance! Less than 48hours and I'm done--woohoo.