SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Step 3 and USMLE world

Discussion in 'Step III' started by ewps13, May 15, 2007.

1. ewps13

ewps13 New Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    For anyone that has passed Step 3 and also did the USMLEWorld Q-bank, how did you score on each?

I have not practiced medicine for about a year, and I have some definite rust. Wondering if I should postpone my test, or just take it knowing I am not doing the greatest on these questions. All I want to do is pass.

Thanks.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic! Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Apr 9, 2000
    hSDN Member
    Moving to the USMLE Forum...

4. siamesekat

siamesekat Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 20, 2004
  5. andwhat

andwhat Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 14, 2003
    United States

49-55% is generally the passing score minimum from UW, and above that is more. NBME gives you the best predictor of your performance, I think that above 400 or so is passing, I know of someone with mid 300s who passed with a good score.
    UW is tough though man, you will see, your scores will be ok at first, and then slowly falter, step 3 is a rough and tumble experience, but in the end when you get it you will see that you are clinically proficient, I think that the test is definitely more than doable.